950 Multistrada envy

KP100

Reaction score
Just back from a blast around the french Alps on a rental mutistrada. It made me instantly want one.. It was even a bace model with no traction control or fancy electronic suspension. But it was a complete hoot to ride.

Tires worn into a triangle.

But what do ya rekon on reliability in Irish weather. I commute in all seasons here. Any of ye have any experience with them?

IMG_20181005_095225597_HDR.jpg

Ducati: it will melt
Just back from a blast around the french Alps on a rental mutistrada. It made me instantly want one.. It was even a bace model with no traction control or fancy electronic suspension. But it was a complete hoot to ride.

Tires worn into a triangle.

But what do ya rekon on reliability in Irish weather. I commute in all seasons here. Any of ye have any experience with them?

IMG_20181005_095225597_HDR.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Road them for a few years in all weathers , no more issues than either my ktm and BMW ?
You can also get a decent extended warranty on them now

I have a bit to pay off on the loan for the GS , but should be ready for a change before the end of the year. May a 2013 up 1200cc model.

I just cant get over how sweet the engine is on the 950. It punches hard out of corners , putting a grin right across you face. Sticking to the tar.

We were swapping around and had this RS for a few hours. Was a bit of a pig to ride compared to the Duke. At least on the tight stuff.

IMG_20181005_175541798_HDR.jpg

I have a bit to pay off on the loan for the GS , but should be ready for a change before the end of the year. May a 2013 up 1200cc model.

I just cant get over how sweet the engine is on the 950. It punches hard out of corners , putting a grin right across you face. Sticking to the tar.

We were swapping around and had this RS for a few hours. Was a bit of a pig to ride compared to the Duke. At least on the tight stuff.

IMG_20181005_175541798_HDR.jpg

I had the 950 as a loaner whilst mine was being serviced. That was last year and the dealer was quite open that he could put one on the road for sub £10K brand spanking new. Not sure on the price point now but i bet its a load cheaper than a GS 1200

At that price it was a great bike as long as you could live without all the bells and whistles and sexy single side swing arm of the 1200. in fact in honesty it was all the bike you could ever really need.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the 939 engine will soon be no more though so there may be even better deals to be had

had Dukes since 1992 and have 2 now ..never broke down, never had a warranty issue, loads of mates run multis with no problems, great bikes

28,500 on a 2014 899 Panigale, no issues.

Fingers and toes crossed as going in for it's second desmo service next week so hoping really hoping nothing untoward found. On that note, check the intervals and costs for the desmo service.

RBW.

I bought a 950 Multistrada in April. Always fancied a Ducati and almost bought a 1200multi.5 years ago but ended up going for a GS/ cl. Enjoyed the Gs ,did 13k mls.then got a replacement engine due to VERY slight corrosion and did another13k miles without any bother.
So, as I said, bit the bullet,got the 950 Multistrada and have covered 9 k miles without any problems . The bike is an absolute joy to ride in every way. I have had 2 European tours,1 to Spain,1to Austria/northern Italy. Bike went like a dream,plenty of room in the Ducati panniers,good economy,comfortable,superb handling and over 6k revs.goes like a rocket. I have no complaints about the bike at all and frankly consider it to be a lot more fun than the GS. Would thoroughly recommend it.

how did you deal with the soft front suspension? That was my only dislike on the bike. With no electronic adjustment, I just had to deal with it on a rental. Also on a cold morning the clutch stuck and the bike was a little hard to start. Odd for a bike with 4k KM and new.

I’ve found the front suspension to be fine,though I have stiffened the rear. If,in the future,I need to tamper with the front,I would take it to my friendly Ducati dealer to supervise the adjustment. Your right about the sharp clutch bite,but I’ve found this only to be on the first gear engagement of the day,then it’s fine. I think that’s just the way the bikes are.

how did you deal with the soft front suspension? That was my only dislike on the bike. With no electronic adjustment, I just had to deal with it on a rental. Also on a cold morning the clutch stuck and the bike was a little hard to start. Odd for a bike with 4k KM and new.

Rental bike how was it treated before you got your hands on it...:rob

Just popped into my local dealers, he’s got a pre-reg Multi 950 0n the floor at £9995. He’s phoning me this afternoon with a price for my Urban..

Had my 950 for 2 and a bit years done 18k on 3 big European tours with no problems, really great bike and in the real world as fast sub 100 as the 1200 1260. Slightly slower steering due to 19 front but I like the set up. You can adjust preload on the front to stop the excessive dive otherwise I have left mine standard. Now contemplating changing bike worth £7500 on px which is average retention or keeping it. To answer question yes twill be another 950. Still a few leftover 18s knocking about but... do like cruise control which can only get on the 950S and that is £6500 to change

I know a couple of folk with 20K miles on Ducati's locally -- one a Monster, the other a Multi. They've missed most of the summer riding as the engines are in pieces. This type of thing happens on every brand to an extent -- but he's not going to buy another Italian bike...

hmm yes , I have a 2013 Monster 1100 with 19k on and no major isuues and a 1997 ST2 with 25k on although I am second owner from 20k (paid £750 and it rides like a dream since I changed the well aged tyres) Wife has a 2015 Scrambler Icon with 28k on and that has needed its fair share of parts but … she has ordred a new Icon due in next few weeks. They get in your soul but if you get a bad un... ouch

Back
Top Bottom