Filled with diesel by mistake

Eureka!! We have lift off.

Thanks everyone, easy when yo know how isn't it. Connected my booster pack to the battery, removed the right hand body panel cover, found the fuel pipe, pressed in the metal clip and pulled the pipe out, held it over a plastic jug and pressed the plastic end bit in, turned the engine over and could feel the fuel pissing out into the jug. When I guessed the i'd got all the diesel out of the pipe & fuel filter I reinserted the fuel pipe into its connector and turned engine over a few more times. Eventually it started, but was very smokey. I forgot to remove the fuel injector leads, but never mind.

Well done, now don't do it again,
OH AND WASH THE JUG BEFORE YOU SNEAK IT BACK IN THE KITCHEN.:D

BUGGER, YOUR BROTHER IS A BUFOON!!!!! on a serious note, any one could make the same mistake, if they were a TOSSER,:cock:cock:cock, well done and well sorted out,

Eureka!! We have lift off.

Thanks everyone, easy when yo know how isn't it. Connected my booster pack to the battery, removed the right hand body panel cover, found the fuel pipe, pressed in the metal clip and pulled the pipe out, held it over a plastic jug and pressed the plastic end bit in, turned the engine over and could feel the fuel pissing out into the jug. When I guessed the i'd got all the diesel out of the pipe & fuel filter I reinserted the fuel pipe into its connector and turned engine over a few more times. Eventually it started, but was very smokey. I forgot to remove the fuel injector leads, but never mind.

A weeks fucking about on a 35 minute job.
In Austria 3 years ago, a 1 legged friend on a Ducati multistrada did the same. I left him at the filling station, and rode to guest house where I borrowed a 25 litre drum and a 1 metre hose. Back and gave him the hose. That way he got the mouthful of diesel.
Shoved bike 20 metres back to pumps from where it stopped.
Filled with petrol this time. Turned ignition on and off 12 times without starting it. Then on and hit button. Over 1 cylinder and it started.
Job done. Total time lost: 45 mins.
Myke

Back
Top Bottom