Potholes on the A 832 Scottich Highlands.

Tourism in general has increased NC500 and Skye is full Fort Bill are charging massive rates for accommodation, not missing a chance prices are getting very high. We stopped at Nancys in Sheildaig. 1 coffee, 2 teas, 2 pieces of cake and 1 millionaire shortbread £25. Thought it was a bit cheeky!

Did you pay it ? If so, then I have no sympathy.

I hesitate to use the word “NC500”, but I took the good lady (on 4 wheels) for a 4 day / 3 night jaunt this week and we thoroughly enjoyed the weather, autumn scenery and very quiet roads. 689 miles.

Nice hotels in Broadford, Tongue and Elgin - though the last one was a bit Fawlty Towers as it was in the middle of changing ownership; “you’ll know there’s no dinner or no bar” on arrival. An easy stroll into town solved that wee issue.

Fort George much bigger than I expected.

A few live deer by the roads.

Only 1 or 2 numpty drivers, so an excellent drive.

Many times I thought “Must not come up here in summer”.

Attachments

• 5A764D5B-988D-441E-9FBB-97BCBD721EFB.jpg
    5A764D5B-988D-441E-9FBB-97BCBD721EFB.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 84146966-AD6C-4EE1-9D5D-C970AFEB50DF.jpg
    84146966-AD6C-4EE1-9D5D-C970AFEB50DF.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 228
  • A3C56030-8B45-45E8-9003-E96D08350DE5.jpg
    A3C56030-8B45-45E8-9003-E96D08350DE5.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 8FFC567F-CCC8-4A9F-A1DE-AF1115429A10.jpg
    8FFC567F-CCC8-4A9F-A1DE-AF1115429A10.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 236
Drove up and back to Waternish on Skye (from Glasgow) this week and the roads were in great condition. Plenty of re-surfacing has been done.

"What they do resent are the people who get to Inverness, rent a motorhome, go to Tesco and stock up on Diesel and food and then drive round the 500 without contributing anything but a road block or worst case dumping their rubbish and chemical toilets in laybys."
First read this tosh in the West Highland Free Press and it's fake news.
If you've ever stayed on a campsite you'll meet a most responsible bunch of folks in tune with the environment.
It's a myth, people like a moan, get over it.
Bit like 'Skye is full' and 'SCOTTISH Tories'

Hmmmm....doubt wee eck thought it was much of a myth when a Scottish Tory ousted him from his seat. But whatever pleases you.

Just travelled from home to Uig and then S Uist...they must have done a fair bit of patching through the summer as the roads are in better n!ick than they were in Mayĺ

The plan was to drop it to 50 all the way down from Invermoriston to Kyle, but there was such an outcry from the locals it got kicked into the long grass.

Can't be Scottish and a Tory ffs :tosser

Just because they immigrate here and practice "och aye th noo" does't make them Scots

Wish you lot would stop coming up here hooliganising the countryside on your noisy smelly bike.

My guess would be that the tories that are in Scotland are English cause nae **** in their right mind being Scottish would vote tory.

Having been involved with every election be It Scottish, European, Local Council or General elections since 1989 you would be surprised how many Scots do actually vote Tory and more are doing so. Though I admit there will never be enough to replace the SNP. One party state if ever there was! :D

Interestingly, up until around 1976, East Lothian was always conservative, then Labour (Prof Mackintosh) one it. Labour for almost 40 years, Snp then back to Labour.

Should it not be the candidate, who will do their best representing their constituents needs ?

I have known all of them, some better than others for 30+ years; We have had a couple of good constituency mp's and a right fuckwit, Hi Ann

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Having been involved with every election be It Scottish, European, Local Council or General elections since 1989 you would be surprised how many Scots do actually vote Tory and more are doing so. Though I admit there will never be enough to replace the SNP. One party state if ever there was! :D

I've never met one who has admitted to it.

Back
Top Bottom