Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

@ GBH don't let a little wind scare you...but I definitely like what you had to say about the engine 1200 vs 1250 so far, slow vs TORQUEY...:thumby:
Sounds like I have to lay down some cash come spring '19 on a new 1250-ADV...

You're wrong, the chassis is identical to the 2018 model. Remembered the source now, it's a quote from Reiner Fing the product manager for the bike. See the article in Ride this month (UK).

RBW.

@ rainbow-walker about the geometry changes what you said is interesting but I don't think BMW is unable to measure their bikes as the technical literature shows wheelbase for GS 1200 as 1507 mm / GS 1250 as 1525 mm , steering head angle 64.5 " vs 62.9 " and trail 99.6 mm vs 109 mm.
These are huge differences and not small measurement errors and should make quiet a difference on handling like the R1200GS vs R1200GS-ADV does; wheelbase 1507 mm vs 1469 mm , steering head angle 64.5 " vs 65.5 " and trail 99.6 mm vs 95 mm ! The ADV steers quicker than a regular GS especially at higher speeds but is less stable...I like quick steering bikes and can live with slightly less stability.

You're wrong, the chassis is identical to the 2018 model. Remembered the source now, it's a quote from Reiner Fing the product manager for the bike. See the article in Ride this month (UK).

RBW.

One of the Bmw guys also said it in one of the launch videos from Intermot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It surprises me that people keep replying to the village idiot on here. He clearly has no idea what he’s talking about.

It surprises me that people keep replying to the village idiot on here. He clearly has no idea what he’s talking about.

Yeah but you can ride in Mexico with no fear of ever getting pulled by the feds......blah blah.......he must be on drugs is my only answer as he really is not on the planet.

someone get's to twist the throttle all the way to redline and can let us know if the 1250 left him feel wanting for more and if the steering feels as light flicking the bike around the centerline going 70 mph which is a good test for ease of handling...

it's a GS and not a race bike

:beerjug:

Looks good, they've stopped taking orders for the old engine so didnt buy it's not available to Q3 next year, quite fancy one for March ��

RBW.

A friend of mine has ordered the new RT, planned delivery March-19

Just popped to Pidcocks in Nottingham, they are getting an RT demo in Nov, deliveries start shortly after that from what he said. Health to enjoy for your friend :thumby:

RBW.

A friend of mine has ordered the new RT, planned delivery March-19

Had a chat with this bloke ( Leathers a bit stained ) and he told me that the engine is a nice improvement. All the bits from your LC wil fit the new 1250:bounce1
I specked up a new 1250 to the spec of my late 2016 LC. £2100 more expensive :rolleyes: Aperantly Brexit is to blame :augie

Attachments

• 6792EC67-9FE2-4989-A177-AD4DC76A0298.jpg
    6792EC67-9FE2-4989-A177-AD4DC76A0298.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 752
  • BF90F506-76AE-445B-95E5-908A708217E8.jpg
    BF90F506-76AE-445B-95E5-908A708217E8.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 735
No detailed impressions but the usual comments from the KTM/Honda riding wanker brigade...how disappointing !
Come on you guys can do better :thumb2
On german forums they report more stability (which confirms the geometry changes) and more "Druck" which mean more POWER through the whole rev-range (especially at low to mid range) where you ride 90% of the time !
Too bad no test rides in the colonies yet...

No more pictures of the HP please...as the white GS is growing on me...:)...but I need to resist as 150 mile range and then fuel light on is not enough...ADV 200 mile range + reserve is more it !
How fast does the 1250 get to the 153 mph top-speed it is theoretically geared for...:D
Who is first to try it ?
My 1200 always ran out of steam at a miserly 135 with bags & topcase...:(

No detailed impressions but the usual comments from the KTM/Honda riding wanker brigade...how disappointing !
Come on you guys can do better :thumb2
On german forums they report more stability (which confirms the geometry changes) and more "Druck" which mean more POWER through the whole rev-range (especially at low to mid range) where you ride 90% of the time !
Too bad no test rides in the colonies yet...

Do they not have BMW in the USA

Smogbob...no 1250's...Trump's coast guard is holding the boats off like in the good old days of Pablo Escobar trying to keep the merch away from the American sheeple...;)
As it is Harley and Indian have a hard enough time trying to sell their junk...:D
On a more serious note I expect to swing a leg over one by December...if the $$$ still has some value or he imposed 25% import duty than we have to keep our BMW's and cherish them like the Cubans their Harleys last imported in the early 1950's...

Took one out from Maidenhead this afternoon for an hour most noticeable difference to my 17 plate was how quiet the engine was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom