Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

The next bike to be a hit for BMW will be the RS.New LED lights and TFT screen, we sat on the Wunderlich bike with GS bars at Intermot what a difference to standard one.
They should put GS bars on it.

Ride magazine’s well respected rider Simon Weir has road tested one in this months Ride magazine.

Chassis and fittings are basically all the same (which is good imo) but the motor has very much improved grunt (torque) low speed delivery also improved and it is impossible to detect ‘cam-shift’ from low cam to high cam.

Do not compare in any way to the old Honda VFR 800.

It sounds like a stonking motor.....The best GS yet!..which is hardly surprising, all good news!

Ride magazine’s well respected rider Simon Weir has road tested one in this months Ride magazine.

Chassis and fittings are basically all the same (which is good imo) but the motor has very much improved grunt (torque) low speed delivery also improved and it is impossible to detect ‘cam-shift’ from low cam to high cam.

It sounds like a stonking motor.....The best GS yet!..which is hardly surprising, all good news!

Well they’re bound to say that, aren’t they?!

I had a blast through the Suffolk lanes yesterday courtesy of Reiten Motorrad and can report its very quick compared to my 2017 Triple Black. The extra torque is obvious in every gear and it gets to three figures noticeably quicker. You can’t tell when the cam shifts no matter how long you play around between 4/5000 revs. Wind it up to the red and it absolutely flies. Brakes are still brilliant and the improved hill hold is very smooth.
Get out there and ride one. I’m going to wait for the GSA but I will definitely be upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a blast through the Suffolk lanes yesterday courtesy of Reiten Motorrad and can report its very quick compared to my 2017 Triple Black. The extra torque is obvious in every gear and it gets to three figures noticeably quicker. You can’t tell when the cam shifts no matter how long you play around between 4/5000 revs. Wind it up to the red and it absolutely flies. Brakes are still brilliant and the improved hill hold is very smooth.
Get out there and ride one. I’m going to wait for the GSA but I will definitely be upgrading.

A KTM slayer then ;) cool.

i have a 17 GSTE and a 1250 on order.........current bike has slight clunk going into 1st gear.......absolutely no clunk with the 1250 !

So have they got rid of the massive flat spot at 5k rpm?

Yes Simon is well respected but the magazine played down the corrosion issues in ride magazine along with the amount of warranty claims BMW received. What isnt known is the amount or repairs paid for by riders out of their own pocket. Its no surprise due to consumer confidence (lack of) that 2nd user bikes have 2 years warranty and the all new models have 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom