Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

Some interesting bits...

Attachments

• Shift Cam 1.jpg
    Shift Cam 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 521
  • Shift Cam 2.jpg
    Shift Cam 2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 516
26a069ce8873fca8b51ae3e36a694028.png

In my mind, the power differences are small in 80% of the average R1200GS riders rev range.

Most people short shift and use torque anyway on these engines. Bam, bam, bam, bam... they don't rev it in each gear.

I just can't see many up in the high rev range at wide open throttle very often, once the '1250 honeymoon' period is over.

1250 owners will all be moaning about rear tyre wear next :D

Most would shit themselves at wide open throttle on the R1200, never mind anything else :D

It can’t be that good as TMF isn’t getting his cheque book out, although to be fair, he did really like it, just didn’t like the idea of paying £10k to get one. Also more to come from TMF on the 1250, so maybe bmw have decided his vlog value is beneficial to them.

It can’t be that good as TMF isn’t getting his cheque book out, although to be fair, he did really like it, just didn’t like the idea of paying £10k to get one. Also more to come from TMF on the 1250, so maybe bmw have decided his vlog value is beneficial to them.

I agree with him.

The bike is primarily exactly the same, with some updates. It functions the same, handles the same, looks the same.

To pay out £5k or £10k is not worth it in my opinion, UNLESS you just want a newer bike anyways. Then it's the obvious choice, and a very nice bike indeed.

I'm looking forward to the GS Adventure paint schemes next year. That'll be nice to see.

It's always interesting to see what your average throttle position has been on the Navigator after what you think has been a good ride.

It's always interesting to see what your average throttle position has been on the Navigator after what you think has been a good ride.

Yeah, probably around 25% max lol

When I'm out on a really good ride, it's more down to maintaining my speed through twisties and timing those overtakes, than gunning it on a dual carriageway. Straight line speed is boring compared to twisties. Unless you're on a lightweight Superbike, then it's different.

So when are you going to be using this Shift-Cam in the twisties?

More power doesn't automatically mean a better bike ride or experience. Which is why I never bothered to get mine Hilltopped.

It is what it is... :thumb2

Yep, rusty.:rob

Sorry! :D

I have to laugh, as I tried really hard to prove these bikes don't rust if you look after them properly. lol :D

Fookin thing stabbed me in the back while I wasn't looking :D

Might be my last IF I decide to buy a shift cam at the bloody prices! Bet your winding the happy right hand on one real soon too Nutty :)

Back
Top Bottom