Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

Excellent and very slick Austrian road test, thanks for that.... God made Austria for bikers!

Looks like he left his keys in the nav lock, so that’s where to keep ‘em.

Anyone else notice the the Red Bull Main offices at 4.44 on the right? The charging bulls are those big lumps in the lake.

Yeah, probably around 25% max lol

When I'm out on a really good ride, it's more down to maintaining my speed through twisties and timing those overtakes, than gunning it on a dual carriageway. Straight line speed is boring compared to twisties. Unless you're on a lightweight Superbike, then it's different.

So when are you going to be using this Shift-Cam in the twisties?

More power ALWAYS MEANS a better bike ride or experience. Which is why I should've gone to Hilltop.

It is what it is... :thumb2

Fixed.

Nah.... fun factor isn't parallel to BHP... Jail is though...

You won't wind me up....everyone knows fun is shackled to BHP with unbreakable chains. Not saying it should be used everywhere though.

If it wasn't such an important factor when choosing what to ride I'd still have my GS. Right now fun is Orange and not Triple Black.

Warlord to answer your question where you use the shift-cam technology in the twisties ?
Every time you accelerate out of a turn ! And of course with 84 cc more and shift-cam technoly you get a much wider rpm range where the engine makes power/TORQUE and where you have to shift the old 1200 on the 1250 probably same gear will do...:thumb2
And lets be honest there really was no real difference beween 1200 and 1200 LC as also the 2017 on E-4 lost midrange compared to the E-3 LC's and 125 hp on top leaves you also wanting especially on such a big and heavy bike... 28 nm more as also + 11 hp on top are for sure welcome....40 lbs less and 150 hp would have been even better...:D
But now with the shift-cam I hope you can feel a real difference in power between the air and watercooled boxers !
Arsey you got the graph wrong...the 1290 KTM makes less torque than the new 1250...:thumby:
But I like your red graph...must be the new super-secret 1254-Supercharged Boxer to overcome E-5 restrictions...
Don't get tempted now to trade your H2 on the new Kompressor-Boxer...;)

Everytime you accellerate out of a turn??

Are you kidding me haha. This is an Adventure Bike on restricted speed public roads, not California Superbike School at Silverstone Race Circuit.

On the road you do nothing more than balance the bike through a corner with accelleration. You don't need Shift-Cam for that...

Are you fick ????

If you buy a 1250 in next 12 months you pay the £100, if you don’t then I pay it. Hardly rocket fucking science you muppet ��

Fuck off :dabone

... 28 nm more as also + 11 hp on top are for sure welcome....

In real life performance it'll make no difference. You'll just feel a bit more power, like it's been remapped.

But against another R1200GS there will be no difference at all getting from A to B.

You're kidding yourself if you think it will.

None of you use anywhere near the power of your existing bike effectively on the road, so giving you more power and expecting you'll be quicker is a joke :D

The GS is the best bike to put what you learned at CSS to good use on the road...With shift-cam even better I hope...:thumby:Less shifting & more power !
Done 14 schools at CSS on the S1000RR...not at Silverstone,though...;)
2 fast brit-expats there;John Groom and Jonny Haines having escaped british weather...
Remember GS fastest bike for the road and S1000RR still after all these years the easiest bike to put fast laps on on the track...:thumby:

The GS is the best bike to put what you learned at CSS to good use on the road...With shift-cam even better I hope...:thumby:Less shifting & more power !
Done 14 schools at CSS on the S1000RR...not at Silverstone,though...;)
2 fast brit-expats there;John Groom and Jonny Haines having escaped british weather...
Remember GS fastest bike for the road and S1000RR still after all these years the easiest bike to put fast laps on on the track...:thumby:

But we're not on the track.

We're riding on British shitty roads, full of pot holes.... lol :D

Back
Top Bottom