Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

I think I would, if I’d just dropped £6k or whatever it was to change ;)

If he'd have just dropped £6k on a brand new R1200GS he'd be raving about that as well.

It's new bike euphoria :D

- new tyres
- new suspension
- new brakes
- new fit and finish
- new reg plate

but we all know the new R1250....

- is slower
- stops slower
- worse mpg
- vibey
- heavier
- unproven

Shit basically :D

Whats the issue , its only 6k …….easy money , spend more on holidays each year and I have a new bike , in 2 years I will change again :nenau:comfort:augie:bounce1:bounce1:thumb

you had a very good old bike then which is why im surprised that you are raving so much about the new one ,but hey enjoy and perhaps i will not be so quick to go and test a 1250 just in case i like it :D

Blimey , its just better , plain and simple , I like to improve , take a risk , not just sit on here commenting on something I have not really tried... but as you say you know best along with our garden shed mate lol :thumby:

- new tyres
- new suspension
- new brakes
- new fit and finish
- new reg plate

but we all know the new R1250....

- is slower ………………. Bolloxs YTOOYA
- stops slower .........….Not noticed yet but will fully test next year
- worse mpg …………. Don't give a fuc
- vibey .................again bollox YTOOYA
- heavier ………... irrelevant im skinny
- unproven oh , first bit of truth that's come from you

Basically Fantastic and I want one :D

:thumbFixed

Funny reading all the negative comments on here from people who have not ridden the 1250 and I thought this thread was for people who had ridden it?

As I have said I have traded in my 2018 with TFT for a new 1250 because the engine was worth the difference to me having had 2 rides covering over 150 miles. The new bike is better believe me!

My July 17 1200 was good but my 1250 is better

I think the engine is much quieter and smoother and I love the improved hill hold

The shift assist pro down shifts aren’t perfect but up shifts are improved

I had a test ride on the new GSA on Saturday and I thought the same about the shift assist. On my March 2017GSA it's that unpredictable I don't use it. The new one seemed a lot smoother on the upshifts.

It's definitely improved in the mid-range. It's probably the only GSA I've ridden (I'm on to my fifth) where you need to be aware of the front lifting in second on full beans.

I had a test ride on the new GSA on Saturday and I thought the same about the shift assist. On my March 2017GSA it's that unpredictable I don't use it. The new one seemed a lot smoother on the upshifts.

It's definitely improved in the mid-range. It's probably the only GSA I've ridden (I'm on to my fifth) where you need to be aware of the front lifting in second on full beans.

Do you have the 2017 or the 2017.5. I thought there was even some improvement on the 2017.5, though marginal.

Because one of my mate test rode the R1250 today (I went with him). From Rybrook Motorrad - Wolverhampton.

His quote "...new engine is a peach! Loads more torque you can really feel it when are accelerating. A bit vibey through the bars. Not a quantum leap like air cooled to water cooled but a marked improvement! Lots of new tech too !"

But he commented straight after the test ride to the salesman about the vibes.... Sales Guy said "thats the first time anyones said that"

Seems to be a common theme....

This French article:http://www.moto-net.com/article/duel-r1250gs-vs-multistrada-1260-s-distribution-variable-polyvalence-unique-2-duel-r1250gs-vs-ducati-1260-s-page-2-details-en-photos-legendees.html
comments that the shift cam "offers more roundness at lower speeds" but that at higher revs the vibrations seem "significantly more pronounced than before". This wasn't off throttle (as I experienced) but simply at revs above 4.5k. Always possible I guess that the contrast in low vs high cam is giving this impression, without making the bike any worse at higher revs than the outgoing engine.

They pose the question as to whether it's to do with the greater number of working parts introduced by the shift cam. Maybe something BMW engineers will look to refine in the next iteration?

(Apologies if this post needs to be in the brexit section)

Yeah having a vibey tourer isn't ideal.

We shall see how this all pans out with the Beta Testers next year :)

Was with Bilco and a few others at Bruntingthorpe back to back Gs ride 1200 and 1250 o vibes no speed limits 1250 had extra grunt from 5000 revs up and no discernible feeling of the shift cam operation .

Do you have the 2017 or the 2017.5. I thought there was even some improvement on the 2017.5, though marginal.

It was March when I got it so probably the 2017. I didn’t realise there was a difference tbh.

They updated the new ESA, improved shift assist, added hill assist, some bodywork changes.

For what it’s worth I tested the 1250 this last weekend. I did about 100 miles so a decent test. I thought it was a lot smoother than my current 66 plate GS. I experienced no vibration through the bike. In the past I have had to change a bike due to vibration causing numbness in my hand. I wouldn’t be daft enough to comment on its power but it definitely picks up quicker than mine and much more noticeably at ‘normal’ uk road speed when going for an overtake. I read above that someone else experienced the front seemingly trying to lift under hard acceleration. I too found this and in fact the front end became very unsettled to the point I had to back off.
The gearbox is much better; neutral to first at the lights had almost no clunk at all and is smooth throughout the rest of the box. The shift pro is still not perfect, I found it to work well under hard acceleration going up and on a nearly closed throttle down shifting. Anything else it’s smoother changing the old fashion way with the clutch!
I loved the TFT screen, it much easier to read but didn’t have time to play with its other functions really.
Would I have one, yes definitely but not yet as I’ve just put new tyres, extended my warranty and service on my bike. Next year will hopefully see a 1250 in the garage.

I read above that someone else experienced the front seemingly trying to lift under hard acceleration. I too found this and in fact the front end became very unsettled to the point I had to back off.

Not sure this was a serious comment but if it is --- Whats the world coming to !. fancy having a bike that seems as if it wants to lift the front wheel under hard acceleration :) :) . I must be from a previous generation when that was a plus point.
Too much electronics can be a bad thing when people start to criticize a bike because it wants to wheelie and they have to shut off. :) .

...assuming it has min,max and auto setting and road/dynamic suspension modes.

Back
Top Bottom