Thread: Insurance is now availabe in the USA - October 2018

Dream Maker

Insurance is now availabe in the USA - October 2018

OK folks, after this years insurance debacle and the withdrawal of the main provider, I've found someone else who will provide cover.

They are based in Mexico and there website is here www.segurogringo.com and a contact email is fernando@segurogringo.com. I know a few guys who have taken out this insurance and they confirm it's all legal and above board but please note it is 3rd party only so it's up to you to decide if you have enough cover to feel comfortable on a trip in North America. If you apply, please notre he is a bit busy with applications but he will get back to you.

Until one of the main providers takes this on, this is the only option I know of at this time. People don't have too much of an issue taking this out in Central and South America and indeed in many parts of the world so it would bother me too much. More important to me is personal cover which is no problem.

Dairyland have pulled out for at least 2 years which is when the current CEO retires and he told me that he had no intention of reinstating it during his tenure. Most agents such as Motorcycle Express and Fernet used Dairlyland so they are also hunting high and low for someone to cover.

Obviously if this changes before people start planning for 2019 I will let everyone know.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thank you.

I’ll make it a sticky.

Richard

PS Seguro Gringo! Love it.

PPS - Slight edit on title, just to put a date into it

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post

PS Seguro Gringo! Love it.
    Thanks Richard

Someone there has a great sense of humour
    www.unchainedtours.com

Could a service like this be an option? http://www.hctravel.com/html/us_m-c_insurance.html

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
    Could a service like this be an option? http://www.hctravel.com/html/us_m-c_insurance.html
    I thinks it’s Dairyland that have withdrawn their cover....if so, I’d suggest that website is out of date.

( that’s who HC travel use)

I see, thanks. I did just contact Dairyland I'll see if they respond.

Dream Maker
    Everyone uses Dairyland and as I have said, they suddenly withdrew from the market at the end of May which caused all the issues.
    www.unchainedtours.com

are your trips back on schedule for next summer so Chris?

That’s a real bummer, was hoping to take my bike over to the US next year, to travel with my best mate from school, who now lives over there. Although third party only is now available, I wouldn’t take the risk with only third party cover.

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by shedracer View Post
    That’s a real bummer, was hoping to take my bike over to the US next year, to travel with my best mate from school, who now lives over there. Although third party only is now available, I wouldn’t take the risk with only third party cover.
    My feelers are out so don't give up yet.

One of the interesting things about this issue is many people will ride halfway around the world and into very remote areas with a spuriuos insurance bought on the border and think nothing of it!!
    www.unchainedtours.com

This is true , BUT the land of the free has more lawyers per square mile than most places on the planet
    still no deid

Right you are boatman and they pretty much run Washington so no good way to reign their actions in.

Although every driver in this country is required by law to carry insurance one of the most expensive line items on my policy is coverage for being hit by an uninsured motorist. Even so I'm amazed how reasonable my policy is.