New 1250 GS Tyres

And so it begins...

Who has Hilltop'd their 1250? Was it worth it?

What's the best oil for a 1250?

How much is the first service on a 1250 (2nd, 3rd etc)?

What's the fastest colour for a 1250?

What are the best tyres for a 1250, cus I think the £($%&$& are shit?

Thats cheating you have to start a thread for each one, or a few threads for each at least........:D winter is coming in December maybe so have to keep the ops busy.

And so it begins...

Who has Hilltop'd their 1250? Was it worth it?

What's the best oil for a 1250?

How much is the first service on a 1250 (2nd, 3rd etc)?

What's the fastest colour for a 1250?

What are the best tyres for a 1250, cus I think the £($%&$& are shit?

Don't forget , Why cant I get any new farkles yet .

Bridgestone A41s

I picked up my 2018 GSA Rallye last months and it came with the new A41s. Ive done about 700 miles on them so far using fast motorways and over some of the Welsh backroads and trails, and they seem to handle all of it pretty well to me. They are a bit more road than trail orientated, and I haven't really tested them cranked right over yet (still running it in as they say). I would be interested in something a bit more sticky for the winter months for mainly road riding, any recommendations?

My recommendation is Conti Road Attack 3 or Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 if you want a tire almost as good but a little longer lasting...Both way better than the A41 especially when it gets wet !

Yes I did.Friend of mine put them on and we swapped bikes for 100 or so miles....He had to admit the CRA3 on mine felt much better as in quicker steering and stickier but I have to say the A41 feel better than the Michelin A3 which are horrible as they give you no feel or trust if you try to go fast at a peg scraping pace...

Yes I did.Friend of mine put them on and we swapped bikes for 100 or so miles....He had to admit the CRA3 on mine felt much better as in quicker steering and stickier but I have to say the A41 feel better than the Michelin A3 which are horrible as they give you no feel or trust if you try to go fast at a peg scraping pace...

you dont half spout bollocks at times you really do

How can you judge after a 100 miles, hardly scrubbed in, think I will stay with some real info like Stick and GB and others who really test the tyres till the end of their life, as for the A3,s not sure they are designed for peg scraping.

Yes smogbob...it is always good to stick with some real info...:thumb
All I can tell you and if you do you already know that CRA3 and PST2 are currently in this order the sportiest road tires available in current GS sizes !
I guess some people rate the Michelin Pilot Road 5 too but I can tell from a friend who let me ride his R1200S with them 10 year old Michelin Pilot Sport 2CT felt better as they were quicker steering and gave more confidence...hardly what I would call progress !
And Bridgestones are not good for England a country not known for dry roads...:D
Metzeler R01,Pirelli ST2,Conti RA3 or any Michelin PR5 are better on liquid sunshine for sure...

Back
Top Bottom