Info please for off roading

Not yet, I've not been back to the NYM's for a ride, but going up is on my to do list.
Though, feel I need a bit more practice lifting the front wheel to get up some of those steps and on large loose rocks, Salter Fell had me off right near the top on Saturday.

www.flickr.com/gp/51176983@N02/1d6Y52

I hate flickr, I can never get it work.

It's about the worst I've seen it for quite some time.

Hi, when you say did Slaley where exactly do you mean? I suppose what I'm trying to do is find the start and finish point? I know where Slaley Hall is? To find these off road routes do I need an OS Map?

I was following others. To be honest I wouldn't have a clue how to get there on my own.

Not much help I know, but it gives you something to look up. I'd give the old coach road a miss though.

off road.

I'd give the old coach road a miss though.!!!!!!!
Too right. Definitely not big bike friendly.

Hi to my North East bikers,

I've just completed the bmw off road skills course down in Wales last weekend and would like to know where there are places to ride off road in order to practise.
Are there any offroaders locally that do offroading on their GS so that myself and another friend could join in or are there any off road clubs that cater for the larger bikes.

Thanks inadvance

If you go onto the Northumberland County Council website , similar with Durham Co Council and Cumbria and look up the definite rights of way map and it will show you all of the legal trails in the areas .

A number of them in a dry summer are easily do-able on a GS/GSA but a lot would be a nightmare with wet weather and when they turn to cack, some of the ones around Slaley are open all year but others have restrictions on between September and April due to damage . Last time we went over the latter ones were okay on a trail bike but would not have been passable on a gsa unless you are an offroad god.

The second pic shows my CCM which was in the sh*t right up to the bash plate .

Join the TRF and but a cheap 250 trail bike

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 361
Never used but found this in fb and may be useful (or not) Northen Adventure Bike Tours https://www.northernadventurebiketours.com/. Nowt to do with me but maybe able to give pointers that trf can’t (won’t?) asi found local trf weren’t keen on big trail bikes (Ala KTM 640 size) though this was a nearly a decade ago

Just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to comment. Lots of great info to work with and resource.

Were you out yesterday over slaley and Blanchland? We saw a lad on a GS a couple of times.

Trf is good to get out but will not entertain big bikes or should I say they will but not wait as most will be on KTM 450's, there's a Facebook page called bike trail bikes with a group of lads doing the lanes around the north, it's free and out most weekends, I had a 1100 GS, had a blast, nice set of lads Trevor summers, theses days I us a crf250 too old for heavy bikes

take your bike to spain and have a run around ronda, aldogonales, El boske and that national park around there plus that region loads of farm roads. Nice long stretches it's simpler to learn skills there cos picking the damn thing up every 5 mins... gets really dull

Yes you can ride off road on big bikes but you will enjoy it far more on a smaller trail bike with far less risk to you and the bike.

Trf is good to get out but will not entertain big bikes or should I say they will but not wait as most will be on KTM 450's, there's a Facebook page called bike trail bikes with a group of lads doing the lanes around the north, it's free and out most weekends, I had a 1100 GS, had a blast, nice set of lads Trevor summers, theses days I us a crf250 too old for heavy bikes

can you clarify what the group name is on face book. TA

can you clarify what the group name is on face book. TA
Yes,,,big trailies,,,,message them and will get back to you, I go out about once a month on a 300

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom