Auxillary socket

Big Red

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please can anyone recommend a BMW plug auxiliary socket that I can wire directly to the battery and doesn't look like a sh*t add on.

I have just purchased a new Adventure LC and I would like to fit a socket (BMW outlet) to the LH side for the passenger (where it always used to be). I fitted the OE BMW socket to my previous LC and it was a pain as the photo shows and the airbox and inlet pipes still had to be removed.

Thanks in advance.

20151020_181958.jpg

LHS for the passenger without quite so much disassembly

Attachments

• 2018-10-18 20.08.06.jpg
    2018-10-18 20.08.06.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 355
Funny enough, just bought one from Premier Bikes KTM, just for the socket, it was about £12 or so.

I made the harness, it only comes as a socket only. :thumb2

Attachments

• 5EBD1278-6554-468B-88F5-963B44D0496B.jpg
    5EBD1278-6554-468B-88F5-963B44D0496B.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 353
Please can anyone recommend a BMW plug auxiliary socket that I can wire directly to the battery and doesn't look like a sh*t add on.

I have just purchased a new Adventure LC and I would like to fit a socket (BMW outlet) to the LH side for the passenger (where it always used to be). I fitted the OE BMW socket to my previous LC and it was a pain as the photo shows and the airbox and inlet pipes still had to be removed.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 389340

When I bought mine I asked the dealer, and they charged very little to fit the BMW one for me pre-delivery. Is that an option still?

Unfortunately I forgot to ask for a second socket when I did the deal but I only took the bike in for an MOT.. The dealer can fit the socket but the labour is open, so I assume it's still a big job.
I have purchased a socket from Nippy's but the inline fuse is a crimp on crappie one so I'll get a proper inline fuse before I fit it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I fitted an extra socket wired to battery on my 2018 GSA - I mounted it on the RHS infill plate under the seat - where BMW will fit it if you go that route. You need to lift out the silver computer gizmo box under the riders seat - dont disconnect it though - its fitted in rubber mounts so its dead easy to remove. you need an 18mm cutter for the hole then its just a case of wiring the socket in and replacing the silver box.

Im pretty sure there is a low profile socket on the market for tight spaces like that or you can use an adaptor on an Optimate charging cable if you have one fitted

Back
Top Bottom