VFR750 Reprise

I'm currently on a triumph sprint st 955i. Nice bike but I do miss the vfr800i ��
Always love to see Chris's threads
real quality ;)

Only a little bit of forward progress .....

My original intention was to leave the nose cone / clock support alone as it's buried beneath the clocks and wiring loom. However, no matter how much I tried to rationalise the decision using my trusted work to benefit ratio I still couldn't get past that it was a bit scabby and needed doing ....... so out it all came!!

IMG_9891 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9900 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9899 by tunneruk, on Flickr

In other news .....I took a huge bucket of hardware down for zinc plating today and placed an order with Fowlers for the service items and a couple of other bits and bobs ...

Swing arm cleaned up ok

IMG_0059 by tunneruk, on Flickr

I'll be replacing the decal on the side as it's seen some action ...

IMG_0060 by tunneruk, on Flickr

In other news, being as the swing arm is now squeaky clean I was able to refit the freshly cleaned rear headers and new massaged front headers

IMG_0058 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0061 by tunneruk, on Flickr

And the blasted and refinished side casing ...

IMG_0064 by tunneruk, on Flickr

I’ve just read through this thread again and I’m fighting the urge to read more of his restoration threads because they’ll just remind me of what a brilliant bloke he was.

RIP Chris.

He often spoke of a 5 year plan, i wonder what that was ! I'm really sad to know he had a dream he wanted to fulfil and now he's gone.

Damn - I didn't see that coming !

I was thinking cancer, stroke, heart . . . I never met him but loved his work. Does anyone know what drove him to it?

Just thinking, we take people a bit for granted but if there were signs that this community missed its a lesson for us all to be a bit more vigilant and be prepared to lend a hand, or a shoulder, when its needed.

Is anyone considering taking on the business? Big boots to fill but there will be lots of support while its brought back to its feet. Expectations may be a bit lower though.

Sad times.

Bob.

Damn - I didn't see that coming !

I was thinking cancer, stroke, heart . . . I never met him but loved his work. Does anyone know what drove him to it?

Just thinking, we take people a bit for granted but if there were signs that this community missed its a lesson for us all to be a bit more vigilant and be prepared to lend a hand, or a shoulder, when its needed.

Is anyone considering taking on the business? Big boots to fill but there will be lots of support while its brought back to its feet. Expectations may be a bit lower though.

Sad times.

Bob.

With all due respect to any other bike builders/painters etc. out there, I don't think anyone could fill those boots. IMHO of course.

There were no signs, tragically, but lessons have been learnt, and shoulders offered.

good evening all

as you know i have been dealing with Chris's affairs and one of the last things i need to deal with is this bike , i really wanted to take it on board and finish it but i don't have the Time or room due to current projects and work etc and TBH I'm a but emotionally drained with it all.
but it would be nice to see somebody take it on as i think its a worthy bike and the work Chris has done so far as you know is top drawer

so ive decided to post here first to give the option before i put it into for sale section

it’s a semi-stripped (or semi-rebuilt, whichever way you want to look at it) project, for which a lot of parts have been replaced or refinished. It’s for sale as-is. It is impossible to 100% guarantee it’s complete because it’s not my project and not in my garage, but knowing Chris as i did I'm confident all (or most) of the parts that originally came off it, or their new replacements.

The V5C history and keys are present. and i can help with transport arrangements if necessary :thumb

Price – It’s a hard one to price because whilst it has Chris’s trademark quality right through it and it also has some new and expensive parts like the headers, there are gaskets filters etc i know he completed all valve checks etc on the engine so its pretty much a straight forward build up , ultimately it’s a non-complete L-reg project bike. On balance I think that about £600 is fair – the first confirmed offer of that sum takes it.

feel free to pm me if you want to talk further about it.

many thanks

Chad

god if was closer id have it all day. But coming from Lancashire is a bit to far? unless someone is coming this way in a van????

I once stripped to its component parts and rebuilt a Perkins straight six - same with a 3000lb four stage compressor...... but I couldn’t rebuild that

Shame as I’d like it too

god if was closer id have it all day. But coming from Lancashire is a bit to far? unless someone is coming this way in a van????

Being that its a lot of parts it would fill a van up .
Bit of a schlep but if you covered the fuel i would be happy to deliver if you think seriously about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once stripped to its component parts and rebuilt a Perkins straight six - same with a 3000lb four stage compressor...... but I couldn’t rebuild that

Shame as I’d like it too

I can throw in a Haines manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom