Lights Dimming

Nodigdigger

Reaction score
Hi All
I have 2006 GS 1200R noticed the lights dimming when applying brakes have spot lights also fitted
Spot lights on or off still the same dimming happens
Battery in good condition ie it starts fine cold or hot
Any ideas ?
Regards
Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All
I have 2006 GS 1200R noticed the lights dimming when applying brakes have spot lights also fitted
Spot lights on or off still the same dimming happens
Battery in good condition ie it starts fine cold or hot
Any ideas ?
Regards
Peter

Check connections for corrosion, clean, pack with dielectric grease.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a bad earth somewhere..

Check the insides of brake light & all earth connections

& the condition & brightness of all bulbs

The same thing happens on mine, i put it down to the electrical current draw of the servo as the brakes are applied. When i let go the brakes and the servo stops whirring, the lights go brighter.

The same thing happens on mine, i put it down to the electrical current draw of the servo as the brakes are applied. When i let go the brakes and the servo stops whirring, the lights go brighter.

My old 2004 GS with servo brakes did this, I soon learned to hold the bike only using the REAR brake, as it would build servo pressure then cycle off preventing excess current draw. For some reason, the front brake keeps the servo pump running by design. With the rear brake held, you will feel the odd little kick back through the brake pedal when the servo pulses to restore pressure. You soon get used to it.

My old 2004 GS with servo brakes did this, I soon learned to hold the bike only using the REAR brake, as it would build servo pressure then cycle off preventing excess current draw. For some reason, the front brake keeps the servo pump running by design. With the rear brake held, you will feel the odd little kick back through the brake pedal when the servo pulses to restore pressure. You soon get used to it.

Hi
Thanks I will try that don’t use rear brake normally but will try this I do hear the servo noise sometimes?
Regards
Peter

Back
Top Bottom