Fk,fk, fukity ,fk

stevie Allen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This ham fisted twat has just went and over tightened a bolt and snapped it off,
How hard is it going to be to fix this?

Obviously I’ve not the tools to ease it out or whatever you call it.
And wouldn’t trust my self to make it worse,

How mush roughly is this going to cost me to put right?:mad::thumb

Attachments

• 6B26E5B4-0F46-43EF-AC6C-1D0549296169.jpg
    6B26E5B4-0F46-43EF-AC6C-1D0549296169.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 1,299
b2796d4b8d837d955cccf8362b8b371a.png

https://www.screwfix.com/p/screw-ex...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN38qe_wg94CFQbE3gody1ACGQ

It’s not too difficult to do it your self.
Depending on where you take it between £15-40 I’d say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red monster, I did use the torque wrench:mad:
And it was set to the correct torque ,but I wondered why it clicked and kept ,turning? Duh������
Yes I’m a twat��������

And it was set to the correct torque ,but I wondered why it clicked and kept ,turning? Duh
Yes I’m a twat

Well that sucks!!!
Defective bolt possibly
It’s worth trying your self to get it out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a number of posts on various forums (including this one ) regarding the supplied bolts from Machine Art being made from a soft cheese like substance and snapping during the fitting process .

Been a number of posts on various forums (including this one ) regarding the supplied bolts from Machine Art being made from a soft cheese like substance and snapping during the fitting process .

They changed them bolts recently Neil, I got some from them, had to pay though, and they are a tad longer, however loads of tips in thread below, thanks to Martin snapping a bolt.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/481595-A2-stainless-bolt-sheared?highlight=broken+bolt

If you take the head off can you get at the end of the bolt with some long nosed pliers?

The click on a torque wrench means stop......

Can you get to it with a punch? If you can, make sure it's sharp, use a (small) hammer and try and tap it undone (it may take a confident hit to crack it).

And it was set to the correct torque ,but I wondered why it clicked and kept ,turning? Duh������
Yes I’m a twat��������

When it clicks stop fucin turning. It’s at the correct torque!

Any decent local back street mechanic/ engineer should be able to sort that in less than an hour. I have access to all the tools but maybe a bit too far away.

Al.

[url]https://www.screwfix.com/p/screw-extractor-set-5-pieces/1112V?tc=FB8&ds_kid=92700030952051369&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1249796&gclid=Cj0KCQjwr4beBRDNARIsAGZaZ5eBQO7YJ-hnx4z7khFSed-2eRSpdFqymz7SDIkBj8nLpdJEfFE-jCkaAn7LEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN38qe_wg94CFQbE3gody1ACGQ[/url]

It’s not too difficult to do it your self.[/QUOTE]

One way of turning a mishap in to a disaster....

Did you use a torque wrench as the instructions suggested ?

EDIT - you did, bad bolt ?

We've all had it happen though

I fitted some bar risers to the KTM this week and wasn't happy how the first 2-3 threads were screwing in, by hand with the new bolts
Took them out and the dry loctite was binding
So cleaned up the bolts and ran them through a die and also ran a tap down the yoke
Good job as the threads would have either stripped in the alloy yoke or bolt snapped off
Sometimes the simple jobs are worth just standing back from and double checking

I’m going to have a look at it this morning
I will put some pics up of the progress.

Thanks for all suggestions,
There’s a screwfix , closer than oceans.

Back
Top Bottom