Rotten from the Inside Out - Pics

Whoooosh

6ad25ce6b6a2892fabef9124af55c9de.jpg

We have the 'premium' RTW GS

You 1200 WC riders just have the 'cheapened by accountants' imitation of a decent GS

Aye, they don’t make ‘em like they used to, lad :rob:D

I'm not bashing shaft drives by the way, I love my GSA, but I would NEVER have known what was going on, you can't see that split from the outside until that gaiter is removed (if indeed it's the cause anyway).

The front gaiter is the usual culprit on the oil cooled 1200 models... It's strange, you rarely get a pre 2008 model with a split gaiter but the post 2008 gaiters are always splitting.
Anyone would think they changed the material for a cheaper version.

Surface rust

The drive shafts on rear wheel drive cars and trucks are not protected by a housing, they are exposed to the elements

The universal joints and sliding joint are designed to operate under these conditions

It does look like a rusty mess and a bit of paint would have been nice, but it’s not meant to be visible

The inside of the UJs will be perfectly OK and I don’t think the splines on the FD slide as it’s a paralever (visibly they are too short to be a sliding joint)

A bit of grease on the splines to stop them rusting and off you go :thumb2

Absolute rubbish - i'll post a picture later of the damage caused due to water ingress and splines that have worn away due to rust and U/J's that have dried out and failed.'

Don’t know for sure I’ve never looked :nenau

Obviously, but that didn't stop you from offering an opinion :D

Absolute rubbish - i'll post a picture later of the damage caused due to water ingress and splines that have worn away due to rust and U/J's that have dried out and failed.'

Try this one.. from my original post where lots of people said grease was not required :)

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 386
Grease it with what ? Straburag or Vaseline...:D
No need to grease it just check your rubber...;)

No Arsey I have never ridden an H2 because fat blunder-buses don't interest me...No need to go to Africa either as we have enough negroes here...;)
But I have ridden the Afreeka Tween...Valium on wheels...:D

No need to go to Africa either as we have enough negroes here...

Thought the USA brought them by force to the USA years ago, and that makes them probably more American than yourself, if you are really American, or Mexican or maybe just a troll.

I used Honda M-77 Assembly Grease on final drive and shaft splines.

I used White Lithium Grease on base of final drive nut, surrounding immediate area.

I used a bead of White Lithium Grease on rubber gaitor seal points so it squishes and makes a water resistant layer when fixed back in position.

I used White Lithium Grease on base of final drive nut, surrounding immediate area.

I used a bead of White Lithium Grease on rubber gaitor seal points so it squishes and makes a water resistant layer when fixed back in position.

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 cheers sorted

Arsey the H2 is super-boring unless you like to go fast in a straight line...but then a S1000RR is just as fast but also can handle the twisties...so what is the point ?
Unless you have the SX version that at least gives you hard bags...and the A-T is really the most boring bike I ever have ridden lately...The engine and slow steering....zzzzz But tubed tires can make things exciting when you have a flat at night in the rain 120 miles from home...:D Or in Afrika where they sell tubes and tire irons at every corner...;)

No Arsey I have never ridden an H2 because fat blunder-buses don't interest me...No need to go to Africa either as we have enough negroes here...;)
But I have ridden the Afreeka Tween...Valium on wheels...:D

Ok,so here's a wacky idea.Why don't you stop posting utter bollox based on wild assumptions ? I know you live in Cali, but as you are possibly not a native, you don't have to know everything like all the rest of them...and before posting your views on a bike such as the H2 SX, possibly actually ride one...then there might be a chance that people may take you seriously...though I very much doubt it.And as for the stereotypical racist bollox.....

Warlord , I'm sure BMW does not recommend to use HONDA lube...while Straburag is red I don't know what the white grease is they use in the factory in Berlin ?
And Arsey just for you but please don't tell no one;I don't only love BMW boxers but also the Austrian corporal with the funny mustache too...:thumb
As for the Kawasaki H2 I can already see that this is no motorcycle for me because I prefer tight twisties to boring straights...But I think if Mel Gibson should ever decide to make another Mad Max movie he should use the H2 as ugly and end-timesy it looks.Like only the Japanese can do "designs" like this...;)
But even Mel is riding boxers nowadays...:thumby:

Warlord , I'm sure BMW does not recommend to use HONDA lube...while Straburag is red I don't know what the white grease is they use in the factory in Berlin ?
And Arsey just for you but please don't tell no one;I don't only love BMW boxers but also the Austrian corporal with the funny mustache too...:thumb
As for the Kawasaki H2 I can already see that this is no motorcycle for me because I prefer tight twisties to boring straights...But I think if Mel Gibson should ever decide to make another Mad Max movie he should use the H2 as ugly and end-timesy it looks.Like only the Japanese can do "designs" like this...;)

you really are a no nothing knob,its staburags and its white,as i sit here holding a tube bmw part number 07 55 9 056 992 nla due to the recent lubrication supplier change at bmw

exact same for me.. best you can use :thumb

WTF has an Austrian with a funny moustache got to do with lubing a shaft, unless you have been lubed and shafted before.

... and once opened up, I was rudely awakened to this mess !!

Obviously water came in through the hole in the gator but also noticed that there isn't much of the white sealant on the swingarm. Mine had quite a bit around the edges where the gator seats.

I lubed mine around a year ago but this thread is making me want to check it again! Although I've ridden in the rain twice in the last 25,000klms on this bike :)

@ autogs - Thanks. Like I said Straburag it is but I got confused as my dealer charged me for Straburag but put some reddish looking grease on...

Back
Top Bottom