Rotten from the Inside Out - Pics

Obviously water came in through the hole in the gator but also noticed that there isn't much of the white sealant on the swingarm. Mine had quite a bit around the edges where the gator seats.

I lubed mine around a year ago but this thread is making me want to check it again! Although I've ridden in the rain twice in the last 25,000klms on this bike :)

Mine had same but I'd already cleaned that up before I took the photo.... I was more concerned about the rust-fest that was going on...

Ahh ok, was thinking it might have been leaking from the edges too.

Probably was, for all I know.

Just as well I opened it up, or would've had no clue...??

Must be one of the worst designed driveshaft in the history of bmw, what a bag o shite, piss poor , when of all the jap bikes with shaft cant think if one that gives anywhere near the amount faults this system has, my own 2006 gs went at 32.000, just look at this on the forums breakdown on final drive.

Must be one of the worst designed driveshaft in the history of bmw, what a bag o shite, piss poor , when of all the jap bikes with shaft cant think if one that gives anywhere near the amount faults this system has, my own 2006 gs went at 32.000, just look at this on the forums breakdown on final drive.

Stop whinging, it's just a bit of surface rust...

Warlord , I'm sure BMW does not recommend to use HONDA lube...while Straburag is red I don't know what the white grease is they use in the factory in Berlin ?
And Arsey just for you but please don't tell no one;I don't only love BMW boxers but also the Austrian corporal with the funny mustache too...:thumb
As for the Kawasaki H2 I can already see that this is no motorcycle for me because I prefer tight twisties to boring straights...But I think if Mel Gibson should ever decide to make another Mad Max movie he should use the H2 as ugly and end-timesy it looks.Like only the Japanese can do "designs" like this...;)
But even Mel is riding boxers nowadays...:thumby:

Staburag is actually an off white colour when new

The Ural was a damn good bike.

Had one in the 1970/80

it was a damn good bike when it was designed which was around 194? and not much altered or in any way improved since. ;-)

And not cheap to fix the broken parts, little yam is awesome, however hated riding on a motorway with it.

Good thing Australia doesn't have wide open spaces with long distances in between them....oh shit! :blast lol

I guess I will be revving the balls off it!

That’s how it begins. If you didn’t notice it now, what would it look like in 3 months time?

Rusted to fook, splines seized, metal fatigue, final drive seals broken, shaft failure, final drive seizure, death.

Men, check your shafts

Back
Top Bottom