1250 GS insurance quotes??

Hope it doesn't get nicked !
??? It's still in the dealers showroom until I can get insurance and not paid for (except deposit)
so not my problem if it gets nicked.

Why are people buying bikes they either can’t insure, or that insurers that can insure them are charging an excessive premium? :nenau

Because they can?

Why ride on a cheap old snotter to save on insurance costs if you don't have too? The cost to insure my stolen GS replacement (not 1250) is eye-wateringly expensive, but as I only have space for one bike I'm prepared to pay it for the enjoyment I get from riding a nice bike.

Because they can?

Why ride on a cheap old snotter to save on insurance costs if you don't have too? The cost to insure my stolen GS replacement (not 1250) is eye-wateringly expensive, but as I only have space for one bike I'm prepared to pay it for the enjoyment I get from riding a nice bike.

Absolutely:agree

I didn't find £90 for 9 months on a bike worth a lot more too bad anyway:thumb2

On new car policies, they all offer a new for old for the first year. Is bike insurance not the same? If so, you would only need gap for year 2 and 3. By the way I don't know the answer, haven't bought a new bike in a while

I'm with ebike, and for sure that the case with them. I took out gap shortly before the end of the first year.

??? It's still in the dealers showroom until I can get insurance and not paid for (except deposit)
so not my problem if it gets nicked.
Apologies,I thought you had it tucked up in your garage

That's OK.
Managed to talk to a real person at Lexham insurance who assured me that the 1250's were ready to go on their database tonight (Sat 20th Oct) when the servers are updated. He knew that the R1250gs is on the list of new bikes. So I will try it online tonight; they are phoning me back on Monday with a quote anyway. Rallye R1250GS was already on their database and came up as £179 fully comp. So might be worth trying Lexham if anyone else is struggling. Hastings who I'm with were no help whatsoever , basically said "Tuff" or words to that effect and if it wasn't on the database they couldn't help. Then offered me the option of cancelling my existing policy (that
has 5 months to run) and they wouldn't charge me a cancellation fee !!. But no refund as it's less than 6 months to run ( how very generous of them, no cancellation fee!). Guess where I told them to put there policy. :)

Finally insured through Lexham for £179 fully comp, listed properly on policy as an R1250 GS TE. Only downside is there's a massive £1150 compulsory excess which I could cover against by paying £80. It's like having insurance on insurance ! , good ploy!. I declined that offer. Picked bike up and happy bunny, much smoother gear change \lovely low down pulling power and wide spread of power. Only thing I wasn't sure about was whether it had as much engine braking when going into corners at speed?? (compared to trade in R1200 GS), but not run in yet so couldn't really hammer it too much, will have to just adapt to it if it hasn't. Tft screen and all dynamic \self leveling settings I need to get used to but think it's probably better to just enjoy riding it otherwise you can spend all your time looking at the display and fiddling, rather than enjoying the ride. Might be a case of too much technology ??.

Finally insured through Lexham for £179 fully comp, listed properly on policy as an R1250 GS TE. Only downside is there's a massive £1150 compulsory excess which I could cover against by paying £80. It's like having insurance on insurance ! , good ploy!. I declined that offer. Picked bike up and happy bunny, much smoother gear change \lovely low down pulling power and wide spread of power. Only thing I wasn't sure about was whether it had as much engine braking when going into corners at speed?? (compared to trade in R1200 GS), but not run in yet so couldn't really hammer it too much, will have to just adapt to it if it hasn't. Tft screen and all dynamic \self leveling settings I need to get used to but think it's probably better to just enjoy riding it otherwise you can spend all your time looking at the display and fiddling, rather than enjoying the ride. Might be a case of too much technology ??.

Brakes are for Slow,gears for go esp at "speed"

you got a better deal than I at Lexham! :( I think overall with insurance for excess it was 384 - interesting you mention the engine braking I also noticed it did not seem as much as the RT I came from. I find it similar to the XR I rode but alot more user friendly

Suppose the insurance price depends on a lot of factors age\location\annual mileage\convictions etc. etc. Guess it you took the extra cover for the excess they aren't a million miles apart. Went out on it again today and I'm still impressed how smooth the engine power \gear change is. Even played with the hill start, bit of a novelty, but could be helpful if you got stopped on a hill in traffic, it leaves your hands free and both feet down to balance on. It's easy enough to use and don;t see any downside to having it on "auto", if still want do it the old way it won't mind and just takes the brake off when you turn the throttle anyway.
Suppose you ride according to the engine braking you have available its just adjusting to it. Remember years ago when I first got my 916 I was always locking to back wheel up going into corners by changing down too many gears, until I got used to the massive engine braking it had.

Sorry "autogs" , don't understand your comment "Brakes are for Slow,gears for go esp at "speed"" ???. You mean you don't use the gears and cog down and power round\out of corners if you're in a more sporting riding mood?.

. Only thing I wasn't sure about was whether it had as much engine braking when going into corners at speed??

sounds like at speed you are using engine braking rather than brakes?

Bennetts, who upped my premium from £500 ish for two bikes to over £1k at renewal, nothing changed except another years NCD now have the fuckin cheek to email and say “get in touch, we’ll give you a better quote’. CNuts.

That’s cheap - yearly mileage? Pillion?, Business use?

I’ve got a Rider policy with unlimited cc. Don’t even have to inform them when I change bikes . Currently got 6 bikes and it was £170 at last renewal .

I’ve got a Rider policy with unlimited cc. Don’t even have to inform them when I change bikes . Currently got 6 bikes and it was £170 at last renewal .

Not many motorcycle thefts in Guernsey might help to keep premiums down? I assume that’s the declared address at where they are normally kept over night?

Reply to question re cover with Lexham --- Has pillion cover, social \pleasure only, 10,000 miles per year, 60 days EU foreign travel. Only downside is the HIGH compulsory excess.

Just got a renewal quote or £9,998 with an excess of £999 from Carole Nash and the guy on the phone asked what I'd like to do. I'll give you one guess...

It was changing the bike to a new GSA from a 2 year old GSA and address but F me!

Just got a renewal quote or £9,998 with an excess of £999 from Carole Nash and the guy on the phone asked what I'd like to do. I'll give you one guess...

It was changing the bike to a new GSA from a 2 year old GSA and address but F me!

F’ing Norah.
That’s insane. Carole Nash either hate GS s or you live in a convict halfway house in Fallujah.

I was with them for ten years till about two years ago when they played silly buggers and I got a better deal elsewhere

They're like a different company from two years ago when I originally went with them. Wouldn't be shocked if they've been bought out and it is a different company -- the experience, call centre and type of person on the phone was the polar opposite from what it was when I signed up first.
F’ing Norah.
That’s insane. Carole Nash either hate GS s or you live in a convict halfway house in Fallujah.

I was with them for ten years till about two years ago when they played silly buggers and I got a better deal elsewhere

Last time I saw a quote like that was in 1992 trying to insure a 1992 Sierra Saphire Cosworth

Back
Top Bottom