Bagster tank cover

AndyJW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2014 GS and want to fit a Bagster tank cover (no 1642E) so I can use the clip on tank bag that I have used for many years on a variety of bikes with the correct tank harness fitted. From the picture in the adverts I can't see how/where the front of the harness attaches to the bike in relation to the plastic panels. On my previous bikes the harness has attached to solid mounting points such as the frame, headstock etc, but I am concerned that on the GS LC the clips may be designed to attach to the plastic panels which could case damage. Does anyone have a Bagster tank cover fitted to their GS LC who could explain (or ideally take a picture) so I can see how it fits at the front. Also, does the rubber tank pad need to be removed or does the cover fit over the top of it?

Don't worry about damage clips under the black trim at the rear sides, straps go behind the black trim in the middle near throttle bodies and over the front edges,
pm me an e mail address i will send photos, bike now sold, still have a tank cover,

Back
Top Bottom