Heated Clothing

Motocentral

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

Just a bit of advice, we're looking into stocking a heated clothing brand now it's starting to get close to winter (sorry someone had to say it out loud!)

What's everyones preferences, pretty sure we're going to be going with Keis, but have heard good things about others, such as Gerbing.

What's everyones preferences?

Kind Regards
Jamie
Moto Central.

The subject has been done to death many times, the search function will reveal all if you search for kies for example.

Warm and Safe gets good reviews.

Good Afternoon all,

Just a bit of advice, we're looking into stocking a heated clothing brand now it's starting to get close to winter (sorry someone had to say it out loud!)

What's everyones preferences, pretty sure we're going to be going with Keis, but have heard good things about others, such as Gerbing.

What's everyones preferences?

Kind Regards
Jamie
Moto Central.

Are you asking those who have already purchased a brand what their preference was in the hope of selling more garments of the same brand or are you asking those who are still undecided what their preference might be?

If I were in your shoes, I would go with a distributor who offers quick and exemplary service if something goes wrong. You can look the customer in the eye and tell him that you have total faith in the after-sales service of the product.

In the past I have good service from the Gerbing importer who swapped out a perfectly good set of heated insoles that I could not tolerate with a pair of heated socks which I love.

They also stump up the money to attend all the big bike shows and attract publicity for the brand.

If the Keis guys are as good as that, then you have a couple of smart choices.

To prove that I am not blinkered, I also own a Ventureheat heated vest which seems to be compatible with the Gerbing connections.

I have bothe Gerbing gloves and warm and save socks running both off a warm and safe heat troller, gloves are fantastic (4 winters in) the socks a bit less so, though I have reduced feeling in my feet from a spinal issue, but they dont pump out as much heat as the Gerbing gloves

My question is more what are people inclined to purchase, from price, quality and good reviews / friendly suggestions etc.

We have an accout already with the company who supplies Keis, so for us they're easier to deal with, but that doesn't mean the best choice. Gerbind also contacted us recently, and they do some nice products, both seem quite similar. though, so sort of thinking who'd buy which one and why.

Powerlet isn't distributed in the UK, no idea why, maybe just because there's already enough competition here, or simply because they haven't reached out to the UK market yet.

There are also new product ranges every year, Keis are coming into show us theirs this afternoon, might arrange a meeting with gerbing to make sure which one is best before stocking.. maybe even do both.

Thanks for your replies, appreciated :)

Well I’ve got a Gerbing heated inner jacket (kind of like a soft shell) which has seen several winters and keeps me toasty when I do venture out in proper cold Winter conditions (anything less than 7 degrees in my view). Quality bit of kit, ok price and functionally spot-on - it works, I wear it instead of my outer jacket liner (Rukka Cosmic in Winter) and performance heat wise is excellent. When off the bike works well as a casual jacket for mooching round town (if not raining) with the Outer jacket wedged in the panniers.
And being an old git these days I hate the cold!
Hope that helps.

Warm and safe have great products and, if you believe their Website the others copy their products.

I've bought their kit while in the US and I think it's exceptionally good, but there are not many options to buy in the UK; maybe an opportunity there?

If Motohaus/Keis finally sort their shit put and put the connection boxes, controllers, switches, etc in the right place it would be a good start!
They asked me some time ago for a full write up and review of their kt as a long time user.
Gave them a number of suggestions about placements, cable runs, switch locations, etc but to date they have not taken a single one into account.
In the real world whilst very warm - their kit struggles due to the locations of cable exits, switch locations and other very small things that make a very big difference to how they work out in the wild.
The X800 glove is a classic example. Plenty warm enough for -8 at 4am in Chamonix in december BUT NOT when they then switch off because the switch fouls the cuff of the jacket........ Put it on the thumb bridge.
The T102 trousers are great apart from the controller not being in the right place to come outside of textiles OR allowing the insoles to be controlled INDEPENDENTLY of the trousers!
Also the connection box sits right on the hip where outer layers apply pressure.
The J103 jacket is so warm you almost don't need to switch it on BUT the ridiculously large knitted cuffs mean its virtually unwearable with any of the more modern jackets from Rukka/Klim/etc.
Make it a nice slim lycra/stretch cuff and it would work great.
Slim the whole jacket down too - no point making a really thick outdoor jacket for motorcycle use. Take a note from the BMW heated vest - super slim and very warm without any bulk at all.
Gerbing could learn from this too.

Gerbing for me, had a pair of their gloves for 8 years, still working perfectly.

Warm and safe have great products and, if you believe their Website the others copy their products.

I've bought their kit while in the US and I think it's exceptionally good, but there are not many options to buy in the UK; maybe an opportunity there?

I have had my Warm n Safe clothing from Riderz. Always a pleasure to deal with and as far as I know stocks the whole range.

http://www.riderz.co.uk/warm-and-safe-heated/

If Motohaus/Keis finally sort their shit put and put the connection boxes, controllers, switches, etc in the right place it would be a good start!
They asked me some time ago for a full write up and review of their kt as a long time user.
Gave them a number of suggestions about placements, cable runs, switch locations, etc but to date they have not taken a single one into account.
In the real world whilst very warm - their kit struggles due to the locations of cable exits, switch locations and other very small things that make a very big difference to how they work out in the wild.
The X800 glove is a classic example. Plenty warm enough for -8 at 4am in Chamonix in december BUT NOT when they then switch off because the switch fouls the cuff of the jacket........ Put it on the thumb bridge.
The T102 trousers are great apart from the controller not being in the right place to come outside of textiles OR allowing the insoles to be controlled INDEPENDENTLY of the trousers!
Also the connection box sits right on the hip where outer layers apply pressure.
The J103 jacket is so warm you almost don't need to switch it on BUT the ridiculously large knitted cuffs mean its virtually unwearable with any of the more modern jackets from Rukka/Klim/etc.
Make it a nice slim lycra/stretch cuff and it would work great.
Slim the whole jacket down too - no point making a really thick outdoor jacket for motorcycle use. Take a note from the BMW heated vest - super slim and very warm without any bulk at all.
Gerbing could learn from this too.

There's a few newer items to their range, but I can't imagine they'd fixed the issues to be fair - from what they told me, it seems that the items aren't just made for the motorcycle industry, they seem to be selling a lot to the every day person, with the use of their new battery packs. I think I'm going to get myself one of their vests for when I go pike fishing in the winter in all fairness.

We have decided to stock their premium range of jackets, and vests and ladies vest, none of the batteries though as we're in the bike industry and can't see an awful lot wanting to spend the extra. We're also stocking their new gloves, which to be fair are INCREDIBLE. Fitment on them is amazing, and they defiitely get a lot warmer than some of the battery powered gloves, they're due in 3 weeks time.

We're also going to look into Gerbing and also Warm & Safe as a few people suggested, I guess within reason it's all pretty similar, but as we're an online company as well as a huge showroom, we have the benefit of doing both products :)

Thanks for your advice all, really do appreciate it. as always, if anyones got any questions, even if it's not about products you've bought from us we'll be happy to see if we can help.

Kind Regards
Jamie

My heated car seat cover clipped into my jacket does work a treat, does that count?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

It could be a good business model, bulk buy from a supplier at say a fiver each, chuck away the packaging with Chinese writing on, pop it in a BMW bag with some stickers, call it something natty like the 'ecoline' range & "it's sixty quid please sir"

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom