Adjustable spanner

Some expensive spanners listed here, along with the Knipex plier wrench, recommended here.

A knipex is a tool like stelson wrenches designed to do a certain job within certain peramiters. They are not suitable for working on a bike or a car. You will see plumbers using tools that are designed for the softer metals found in plumbing fittings. You won’t see him using tools designed for automotive applications. If you left your bike into a repair shop and all the mechanic had was a few of those tools I think you would be worried. Those tools are designed to separate a fool from their money. They are generally badly made from second rate metearials to a bad design. JJH

A knipex is a tool like stelson wrenches designed to do a certain job within certain peramiters. They are not suitable for working on a bike or a car. You will see plumbers using tools that are designed for the softer metals found in plumbing fittings. You won’t see him using tools designed for automotive applications. If you left your bike into a repair shop and all the mechanic had was a few of those tools I think you would be worried. Those tools are designed to separate a fool from their money. They are generally badly made from second rate metearials to a bad design. JJH

This was the link I meant to include. You could take them instead of normal pliers I imagine

http://www.oxfordtrf.org.uk/articles/tools-to-take-on-the-trail-part-1/

Back
Top Bottom