Can I cut these wires ?

chriswilliams

Reaction score
Hi there ..doing a servoectomy and wondering if I should cut these floating wires short or bundle inside the box when I seal it

Thanks Chris

Attachments

• Servo.jpg
    Servo.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 403
But that image is an ABS unit, not a servo unit. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

well im sure the wires do not need cutting but I was worried about them rubbing on the circuit board ( no idea why they would but thats me ) so I snipped them

Sealed up the box and fixed it back in place ........ everything works fine .really pleased and thanks for the input folks :)

well im sure the wires do not need cutting but I was worried about them rubbing on the circuit board ( no idea why they would but thats me ) so I snipped them

Were you worried about the wires rubbing on the circuit board when they crammed in before you removed the Ecu ... Do you worry about all any other wiring rubbing against anything. :D

I've recently carried out the same job on my 1150 GSA and had the same trauma. I decided to leave intact as per Steptoe's advice. I neatly cable tied them together, which held them away from the circuit board, then boxed and sealed it all up. A few hundred miles done and all is just fine and dandy.
Enjoy the end result to its fullest :)

Back
Top Bottom