Nav VI Reset?

gman1969

Reaction score
Hi All
Does anyone know how to erase recorded top speed in Nav VI - apparently it can be used in evidence?

Cheers

how could it?
just say you do trackdays

if your stopped for speeding they will have their own evidence

Hi All
Does anyone know how to erase recorded top speed in Nav VI - apparently it can be used in evidence?

Cheers
If, it isn't calibrated and there is no evidence of when the speed was obtained how can it be used in any prosecution?

Top speed on mine is 127mph which was on a track, yes I am that stupid.

If anyone with legal knowledge can explain the where I'm wrong/right ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

good point, it was just a comment from the sales person when I picked the bike up - thought there may be an easy option to just delete - no worries

i believe it all gets cleared if you do a factory reset. Google is your friend. But it also clears everything else except the maps. SIB

On the map view, click the 3 bars bottom right, scroll down to trip computer, click on 3 bars top left, then reset max speed.

Job done.

This on my Nav 5 so assume the same as 6

Like was said the top speed could have been anywhere. I wonder what the story is with the tracks function though where it does that bread crumb trail of where you’ve been. I might be miss remembering but when I imported it into basecamp I think it had recorded the speed at each point. Must have a look again.
Don’t know if that could be used against you. Don’t think it’s gonna happen at a roadside stop. Now a murder.....

In reality if this was the case then you need to switch off any device with a GPS . In crash analysis they can check phones and any data equipped device.

I think the default behavior of NAV software changed at some point because now, it resets the top speed on each journey it seems(my Nav 4 & 5 kept the top speed no matter what but my 6 is reset each time the bike is not used for a prolonged period).

Top recorded speed probably can't be used on it's own to charge you (especially because it sometimes freaks out and post completely bollocks figures close to 1000 Km/h if you cross time zones and stuff). But in case of accident, the trace recorded in your GPS if left alone could really snitch on you... Not sure it can be used as evidence per se, but it can paint a very unflattering picture of you and make things worse if you have a brush with the law.

Weird Bob is correct about Garmin Base camp if you look in your active log on base camp it shows you all your journeys in tiny segments , it shows speed & time .
If you look up teapotone on utube & watch his clip Titled BMW NAV 5 SAVED MY INSURANCE & all will become clear��

Ian.

Back
Top Bottom