Not a great start

Big Nick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike delivered 30 mins ago and already issues ��

First off it’s supposed to be the standard height GSA Rallye not the lowered version but even with the seat on high I can get both feet totally flat on the ground whilst it’s parked on the drive...seems really low?? I’m 6’1 with a 33” leg

Secondly one of the panniers is locked on and the key will only go halfway in...anyone know how to get the ruddy thing off without drilling the lock out??

Last and worst of all there was a small weep of fluid on the driveway after I started it up, not sure where from

Slightly worried at the moment

Oh dear not good! Hope it gets sorted asap.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Bike delivered 30 mins ago and already issues

First off it’s supposed to be the standard height GSA Rallye not the lowered version but even with the seat on high I can get both feet totally flat on the ground whilst it’s parked on the drive...seems really low?? I’m 6’1 with a 33” leg

Secondly one of the panniers is locked on and the key will only go halfway in...anyone know how to get the ruddy thing off without drilling the lock out??

Last and worst of all there was a small weep of fluid on the driveway after I started it up, not sure where from

Email them with photo's of leakage, although it could just be overflow from expansion tank or trapped water if it was cleaned beforehand.

Have you tried putting the suspension into its off road skyscraper mode to see if it makes a difference ? I saw a similar problem with a Caponord which had been ratcheted down too tight in a van and the suspension needed several recycles before it was happy.

Hope it doesn't put you off your new bike, just enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Try a bit of granite lube (NOT WD40) in the lock. One of mine was a bit tight when it was first new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my new Rallye is standard seat, Im 29" leg (yep short arse!!) and Im standing on balls of my feet if that helps with the height and seat is in its lowest position both front and back of the riders seat

sorry ignore me! mine is not a GSA - cant read properly!

Graphite is exactly what I was trying to write. I don’t think granite is a recognised lubricant

its just been delivered?,ring them ask them to take it back and leave you a loan bike whilst yours is being looked at, simples

Ring up the dealer and tell them of the issues.

Let us know how you get on...

is it a new one?

where are you and where did it come from?

I might be talking bollox but..on the lowered bikes the centre stand differs from standard ones in that the "cross bar" on the main stand is lower(i.e nearer to the ground) than the standard. I'm almost a dwarf at 5'7 with a 29' inside leg and can reach the ground on the gsa without dramas. Take it back to the dealer to sort out the leak and while their about it do the lock also,you have bought a premium product and it should all work as one would expect when handing over a shed full of dosh.

...If its any comfort, when I was a poor,hard up courier in Birmingham in the 80's I had a brand new MZ ETZ250 delivered to my house the dealer had just left when it burst into flames and completely destroyed itself..

To clarify: 5'7" and a 29" inside leg is totally normal, an appropriate size and you will not suffer oxygen deprivation unlike the cloud people who inhabit here.

Or fuck the lot of them ! Lanky bastards.
I might be talking bollox but..on the lowered bikes the centre stand differs from standard ones in that the "cross bar" on the main stand is lower(i.e nearer to the ground) than the standard. I'm almost a dwarf at 5'7 with a 29' inside leg and can reach the ground on the gsa without dramas. Take it back to the dealer to sort out the leak and while their about it do the lock also,you have bought a premium product and it should all work as one would expect when handing over a shed full of dosh.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

thank you mr tractors, I often have to remind some of my oversize pals that 5ft 7 is the correct height,but not for reaching jazz magazines in newsagents or clambering over high fences

Nick, have a look at the gs for sale section,MRTEE 43 is selling his lowered bike and his ad gas a good pic of the centre stand,if yours looks like this then its lowered

Bike delivered 30 mins ago and already issues ��

That's probably just water from the pipe as condensation as formed, mine does it every time I start the bike.

That's probably just water from the pipe as condensation as formed, mine does it every time I start the bike.

Just what I was thinking. Also the side stand on the lowered chassis has a different foot shape.

Back
Top Bottom