1100gs timing hole rubber plug

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I was being so so careful so I thought last thing to do after replacing the HES and you guessed it Ive pushed it through, I have a spare but does it matter can I just leave it where ever it's gone or will it cause damage?

Cheers

Mark

take the starter cover off, remove the starter and see if you can fish the bung out. you dont really want it in there getting chewed up in the flywheel/clutch.

Don't worry about it. If you're worried about the open hole use some chewing gum - if you are worried about the rubber bung use a telescopic magnet to get it out.

Cheers all, if the sun shines today I am out on it so it stays lost if it rains I may have a look....

mark - do yourself a favour and read between the lines here.

get it out of there before you ride the bike.

Will whip off the starter and try to find it, cheers for the push, the only thing I always get worried about is quite often when I take things off things fall apart or I find another problemo.

But I will have a look later today

Cheers

It's happened to me in the past. I forgot about it and it caused no problem. I now spray silicone lube on the bungs. This helps in fitting them easier.

Yes its unlikely to do much damage, but for the 20 mins it takes to remove the starter motor and see if its just sat there, PERSONALLY I would rather have a look.

Don't worry about it. ... - if you are worried about the rubber bung use a telescopic magnet to get it out.
"Dont worry" ~ is good advice. :thumb2 DAMHIK :blush - it just is. :augie
the second bit ...... er,....

This is the second most popular t-shirt on this forum after the dislodged throttle bowden cable:blast

Yes its unlikely to do much damage, but for the 20 mins it takes to remove the starter motor and see if its just sat there, PERSONALLY I would rather have a look.

Are you for real... :D

Took starter off had a look but couldn't see the poor little thing anywhere so it's going to have to take its chance with the flywheel....cheers

Ever seen the effects of bouncing somthing round a bell housing at 6000rpm??

It's your call , but i'd be investing in a light and some extandable hooks etc

It's made of rubber. It will not destroy or ruin anything at all.
I've just fished one out of a 114,000 mile 1100gs I'm working on as I was changing the starter motor. God knows how long it had been in there as a replacement had been fitted.

Back
Top Bottom