Ktm1290 adventure r givi quick lock

cbrgaz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully fitted a givi quick lock tank bag to a ktm 1290 adventure r or s?
At the moment i have the powerparts quick release tank bag, but I don't like the fitting arrangement.

I have tried my givi 308 on, but it clashes with the bars and switch gear when approaching full lock.... And yes I've tried swoping the risers round, but still not dice.

I have noticed the givi 320 tank bag for the crf1000l is a good bit narrower and it's flange is further forward on the bag itself.

Any advice?

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

A buddy of mine tried and ended up going SW Motech.

Sent from a U11

A buddy of mine tried and ended up going SW Motech.

Sent from a U11
That's the fitting that's used on the ktm bag and I just can't get on with it. Thanks for your input though.

He had the small Givi with the window for smartphone....can't think of the number (I bought it from him) but he found it was fowling the bars.

Sent from a U11

This is the one he tried.
274b14784cc69ff6728af29184148346.jpg

Sent from a U11

Givi site only mentions XS308 & XS319 models of TankLock bags for the 1290 SAS/R
I've got the 308 and it doesn't fit without creating issues with the handlebars and switches, I'll take a look at the other one... Cheers

Has anyone successfully fitted a givi quick lock tank bag to a ktm 1290 adventure r or s?
At the moment i have the powerparts quick release tank bag, but I don't like the fitting arrangement.

I have tried my givi 308 on, but it clashes with the bars and switch gear when approaching full lock.... And yes I've tried swoping the risers round, but still not dice.

I have noticed the givi 320 tank bag for the crf1000l is a good bit narrower and it's flange is further forward on the bag itself.

Any advice?

I have the bag pictured further on by OP fitted on my R also have KTM risers fitted in forward position no problems

That's the fitting that's used on the ktm bag and I just can't get on with it. Thanks for your input though.

Gaz, I am using the "old" style SW Motech on my 1290S (simply because I already have a bag with the base fitted and I find the new filler mount slightly fiddly) and it's fine.

Have you thought about one of those?
I think you can still buy them and you can fit the other half of the ring to whatever bag you fancy.

Can post some pics if you like...

Gaz, I am using the "old" style SW Motech on my 1290S (simply because I already have a bag with the base fitted and I find the new filler mount slightly fiddly) and it's fine.

Have you thought about one of those?
I think you can still buy them and you can fit the other half of the ring to whatever bag you fancy.

Can post some pics if you like...
Thanks for the reply. Yeah some pics would be appreciated.

Cheers

Garry

Here you go mate;

One of the tank Ring, one of the bag base, and one of the bag fitted with the bars at full lock.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 180
I have a couple of SW Motech bags, I had to re-drill the base holes to move the bags further back, and on my larger one I had to put small spacers between base and bag to get the lock pin to be able to pull through with the base shoved so far forward.

With the filler cap so far forward on the Adventures it is unlikely you will find a decent sized bag that fits on the bike with this method, but we only use them for keeping camera / toll tickets / change in when on tour.

I have the givi xs319 tank bag

Which has a flat bottom ( the slightly bigger models don't)
So I moved the base plate forward to bring the tank bag back to give you a bit more space between the bag and the handlebars.

I'll have to have a look at the
XS 308

And the

XS 320

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom