1100 GS new Hall Effect Sensor now she pops a little

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes it is me again, took her out for a thrash and seems to be running as before, after replacing the HES with a new one.
when I got home I gave lots of blips up to about 2000rpm and every time I get a little pop from the exhaust, Could the timing be slightly off meaning I have not got the hes in the exact right place, above 2000rpm and out on the road all was great.....

Cheers so much again for any advice

Mar,

I have been mulling this over in bed last night and may put the old one back on as all the wires looked in good condition to see if the bike runs better with the old one. I marked where it was so should be able to get it back in the same position.

Had another look today played around with the HES position but came to the conclusion that it didn't seem to make a great deal of difference where it was positioned, could it be that the old one being a Bosch may have behaved a little differently to the new one I have which is not a Bosch.

Anyways put it all back together again and have had enough of a bike in pieces and went out on it, OK it pops a little here and there and may not be set up to perfection but it goes and stops great, I would even say it seems to have a little more acceleration, not sure if a new HES would do that, or I could be just imagining it.

Just going to enjoy it now and see how it goes..

Making the most of the autumn sunshine....

Back
Top Bottom