2017 LEDs or 2018 LEDs

redbarn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just looking for any opinions on this. I have a 2017 GS Rallye. Motorrad have quoted me £400 to fit 2017 LEDs and £450 to fit 2018 LEDs. Apparently both are fine as they switched over mid 17. Does anyone know if the later ones are worth an extra 50 quid. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

the newer ones are slightly bigger and slightly brighter (according to my dealer)

For £50, why wouldn't you go for the later ones, unless they are worse :)
Just because I feel like I'm getting trousered anyway and if they're no better it's a waste of £50

The newer ones are more waterproof, so go with those. Lots of folk had issues with the old version, including me.

What Nutty said.

The reason they changed them was the level of warranty replacements because of failure due to water ingress.

Sent from a U11

I "think" it was the 2018 model......so anything manufactured from September 2017??

Sent from a U11

yep the 2018 have a slightly different housing, which is suppose to be more waterproof than the previous. not sure if they have upped the lux and they are brighter.
pay the extra for the latest models and make sure you have a warranty with them .

Weirdly, KTM fit the older style LED spots to their bikes, and in over 18 months, and some monsoon type weather, both still work on mine, so maybe it’s the BMW wiring.

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going with the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom