Bike shed airhead

Joe narvey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having breakfast at bike shed today so thought I share a coupe of photos whilst waiting for my bacon.
65eb949f26de214246e95fc83ab8e88c.jpg

2638d1da07181331e144cce6cd70c096.jpg

727b8bcc02ba3b2310ed64412f8afeb1.jpg

e733500ce8d10e6390ac82923f11fe3c.jpg

Not a lot I like about that especially the tank. Who routed the throttle cables I wonder.

Was the breakfast ok ?

On a second look it’s only the tank seat subframe I don’t like the rest is ok. Any idea what that box is under the gearbox? Tools / battery?

Not a lot I like about that especially the tank. Who routed the throttle cables I wonder.

Was the breakfast ok ?

On a second look it’s only the tank seat subframe I don’t like the rest is ok. Any idea what that box is under the gearbox? Tools / battery?

It was nom nom nom delicious !

Was the breakfast ok ?

Agreed on the throttle cables especially when viewed from the front. I bet left turns out of junctions are brisk though!

I'm afraid in my opinion that's a bit of a mess. If you're going to do something that's form over function, you need to make sure the form part is good.

Waste of a frame and engine in my view.

Box under gearbox will be battery I bet.....
Tank has had some good metal fab work....I like the tank, but not on this bike.

Noticed that the speedo drive from the rear of the gearbox has electrical wiring till it disappears under the cover.

No thick mechanical cable drive. How does that work then ?

I’ll echo the above,
Like the tank,the the rest is just shoddy,
Missed opportunity:blast

Edit,apart from the Seat/subframe the bike is pretty much standard,hmmmm

Mikey what do you think about this ‘honda’ tank on an airhead ..

74339f68bc4b08581a743889a8258ed1.jpg

(It’s built by blitz in Paris)

Mikey what do you think about this ‘honda’ tank on an airhead ..

74339f68bc4b08581a743889a8258ed1.jpg

(It’s built by blitz in Paris)

Like that; stylish; functional; workable; but the onda badge nearly caught me out. The speedo in post 11 looks tidy also.

The speedo shown is a GPS one so sensor on the gearbox might be redundant.
They are getting cheaper around $A100- will buy you one .

Yes, an electronic sender unit. This tech is a well traveled road these days......

Made obsolete by the GPS unit shown in post 11, wake up boys!

Im well awake. I was merely answering the question - you will note with a comment about that tech being a bit long in the tooth. As it happens I have a GPS unit on one of my bikes. That OK with you?

Having the sender unit in the gearbox means that the speedometer will work in tunnels . . . :rolleyes:.

Bob.

Back
Top Bottom