BMW R1250GS vs BMW R1200GSA Acceleration Test Video

Here are the first real numbers according to MOTORRAD...roll-on 60 km/h to 180 km/h
2012 TC GS 13.8 sec
2013 LC GS 12.4 sec
2019 1250 10.4 sec
2 seconds faster 60-180 km/h...that is huge :thumb2

Here are the first real numbers according to MOTORRAD...roll-on 60 km/h to 180 km/h
2012 TC GS 13.8 sec
2013 LC GS 12.4 sec
2019 1250 10.4 sec

Whats that? a roll-on in 6th gear?

Oh... it'll be exactly the same for the Hilltop deluded as well.... no difference except they get £250 of your money for your delusion....

.... and a bike that no longer meets Euro 4 ;)

P.S. it is illegal to alter a motor vehicle such that it no longer meets the manufacturer’s emissions levels - just saying like.

Engineer It's also illegal to have sex in public, buy alcohol when under age, speed, and smoke weed. I could go on.

But some of us still do it

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

2012 TC GS 13.8 sec
2013 LC GS 12.4 sec
2019 1250 10.4 sec
On public roads? Not that huge

.... and a bike that no longer meets Euro 4 ;)

P.S. it is illegal to alter a motor vehicle such that it no longer meets the manufacturer’s emissions levels - just saying like.
Is that with half a litre of fuel in the tank and a 6 stone rider or on Dyno?

Whats that? a roll-on in 6th gear?

No that's an indication of additional torque , just done my first 600 miles on my new bike and it is better than my 16 plate , period. Warlord I must ask , do you intend to buy one or just knock it on this site.
I took the challenge and paid and have been rewarded massively even over the last few 600 miles. BMW have made a great move forward on this bike .

On public roads? Not that huge

Exactly. And how often, on public roads, will you get the chance to ride from 60-180km/h in 6th gear, with no traffic or other factors?

If in 2 years time when my current GSA is 3 years old and if the new engine proves to be reliable (not beta testing for BMW again), if the BMW finish has improved and if they do a Basic non ESA version of the R1250GSA LC VVT then I might think about a change .

If all 3 of the above are not forthcoming then I will either keep my current bike or after 18 years of BMW ownership look to change my brand loyalty

No that's an indication of additional torque , just done my first 600 miles on my new bike and it is better than my 16 plate , period. Warlord I must ask , do you intend to buy one or just knock it on this site.
I took the challenge and paid and have been rewarded massively even over the last few 600 miles. BMW have made a great move forward on this bike .

Must add I was riding yesterday with my long time riding pal (R1200gs LC Owner ) and he commented that you could almost see the difference when following on how the new bike pulled , he said it looked elastic and even tho I was running in at 5000 revs .
He then had a go …. called me a cnut as said I ruined his day as he now wants one.

Hey, why so defensive haha

I rest my case, carry on :D

Exactly. And how often, on public roads, will you get the chance to ride from 60-180km/h in 6th gear, with no traffic or other factors?

Here in Spain every day if you want to.....all year round. :D

But I agree, cock-all difference in the grand scheme of things. I notice the comparison omitted the 2017 version which the video (I think) compared with.

If you have a 2017/18 model, the 1250 isn't going to give you anything new except a bit of torque and a few extra horses, especially if you already have a TE with TFT. If, on the other hand, you have a 2015 or earlier model, and you're willing to part with (quite a bit) more money, then you will notice the difference. It won't ever be cost effective, this is a motorbike. If you want value for money buy a V Strom, or a Tracer or spend the next 6 months trawling the internet and kicking tyres until you find the perfect bargain. Be prepared to travel, though.

You could switch brands but in this league you have a choice of about 3 bikes and you will find things you dislike about each and every one of them. I nearly went for another Tiger (1200 this time) but the BMW is a far better bike for the money. For me, having the weight so high up was an issue as well as a few other details. So that leaves you with KTM (good bike, I'm sure, but not for me), Ducati? hmmmm..... Honda? They have nothing in this league and nor do Suzuki or Kawasaki. So it's up to you, Neil W. I'll be interested to see what your choice is, though.

My ESA works perfectly (by the way) and considering I may trade it in, it seems silly to have it without. Even if I don't and decide to keep it, if it breaks I can always de-ESA it. Whatever suspension you have on it, its lifespan is finite so, ESA/non ESA is the same in the end. Whilst it's still under warranty, then it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

This is not a perfect machine; it's a perfect machine for some. However, even the most ardent fan will find something they like less about it.

Here in Spain every day if you want to.....all year round. :D

But I agree, cock-all difference in the grand scheme of things. I notice the comparison omitted the 2017 version which the video (I think) compared with.

If you have a 2017/18 model, the 1250 isn't going to give you anything new except a bit of torque and a few extra horses, especially if you already have a TE with TFT. If, on the other hand, you have a 2015 or earlier model, and you're willing to part with (quite a bit) more money, then you will notice the difference. It won't ever be cost effective, this is a motorbike. If you want value for money buy a V Strom, or a Tracer or spend the next 6 months trawling the internet and kicking tyres until you find the perfect bargain. Be prepared to travel, though.

You could switch brands but in this league you have a choice of about 3 bikes and you will find things you dislike about each and every one of them. I nearly went for another Tiger (1200 this time) but the BMW is a far better bike for the money. For me, having the weight so high up was an issue as well as a few other details. So that leaves you with KTM (good bike, I'm sure, but not for me), Ducati? hmmmm..... Honda? They have nothing in this league and nor do Suzuki or Kawasaki. So it's up to you, Neil W. I'll be interested to see what your choice is, though.

My ESA works perfectly (by the way) and considering I may trade it in, it seems silly to have it without. Even if I don't and decide to keep it, if it breaks I can always de-ESA it. Whatever suspension you have on it, its lifespan is finite so, ESA/non ESA is the same in the end. Whilst it's still under warranty, then it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

This is not a perfect machine; it's a perfect machine for some. However, even the most ardent fan will find something they like less about it.

Sensible post !

Hey, why so defensive haha

I rest my case, carry on :D

Not defensive , just a little fed up with negative comments from some who have only tested the bike not lived with it a bit.
The new bike compared to my 2016 is brilliant.
I ask again , have you ridden the new bike yet or just made your mind up based on the internet.

The bod on the 1250 needs to adjust his position more to preserve his safety bubble in the face of on-coming traffic.

He'd be able to faster if he was less scared about crashing...

:beerjug:

The bod on the 1250 needs to adjust his position more to preserve his safety bubble in the face of on-coming traffic.

He'd be able to faster if he was less scared about crashing...

:beerjug:

:popcorn. .............

Tbh who gives a toss, I couldn’t give a damm what anyone else thinks about how much better (or not) the 1250 is, I don’t really care if it’s 1-2 or 3 seconds faster, it is faster everywhere, I don’t have any figures, just what I felt whilst riding at normal speeds (not that I need a faster bike). All that matters is what I think, as it’s my money I’ll be spending. I rode a 1200 and a 1250 back to back last week, the 1250 is much better, I would not buy a 1200 over a 1250 even if it was £2500 less. I wanted a 1250 but the dealer couldn’t make the figures work to my satisfaction, so I’ll wait until this time next year.

I perfectly understand someone saying the 1200 is almost as good as the 1250, so it’s not worth changing, each individual has different expectations and requirements and money has a huge factor in decisions. But my seat of the pants test is overwhelmingly in favour of the 1250, it’s better.

To anyone who’s bought a 1250, all I can say is....
You lucky bastards :D :thumby:

Tbh who gives a toss, I couldn’t give a damm what anyone else thinks about how much better (or not) the 1250 is, I don’t really care if it’s 1-2 or 3 seconds faster, it is faster everywhere, I don’t have any figures, just what I felt whilst riding at normal speeds (not that I need a faster bike). All that matters is what I think, as it’s my money I’ll be spending. I rode a 1200 and a 1250 back to back last week, the 1250 is much better, I would not buy a 1200 over a 1250 even if it was £2500 less. I wanted a 1250 but the dealer couldn’t make the figures work to my satisfaction, so I’ll wait until this time next year.

I perfectly understand someone saying the 1200 is almost as good as the 1250, so it’s not worth changing, each individual has different expectations and requirements and money has a huge factor in decisions. But my seat of the pants test is overwhelmingly in favour of the 1250, it’s better.

To anyone who’s bought a 1250, all I can say is....
You lucky bastards :D :thumby:

And that sums it all up perfectly.

I also got to test ride a 1200 and a 1250 last week, back to back, both great bikes, but by my seat of pants assessment, the 1250 was definitely an improvement and I know where my money would go, when the finances are more favourable. I really like the 1200 Rallye paint scheme over the 1250 Rallye, but it will be the 1250 that I’d buy, simply because it’s an overall improved bike. :thumby:

Not defensive , just a little fed up with negative comments from some who have only tested the bike not lived with it a bit.
The new bike compared to my 2016 is brilliant.
I ask again , have you ridden the new bike yet or just made your mind up based on the internet.

It's UKGS'er mate. Don't get fed up. :D

I didn't have time to ride one mate, by the time it caught up with my 1200 I'd took my helmet off :D

Back
Top Bottom