BMW R1250GS vs BMW R1200GSA Acceleration Test Video

Well, I was with the instructors on the ORS this weekend who have been hammering the 1250 in some pretty intense off-road terrain and they are all impressed. One said that he would have no hesitation in upgrading from the 2017 Rallye, as it's that impressive (but I guess he would say that). But that's purely from an off road perspective.

34pde01.jpg
[/IMG]

25gflub.jpg
[/IMG]

Nutty , excited me thinks as its way better than the old one maybe they just cant have one yet...….
I did as mine was 2 yrs old , well trashed and needed to go , I had the chance I took it and im over the moon.
Im riding it in the real world and it is a great step forward and the engine is brilliant.

I'm glad you're enjoying it to, it's a really nice bike :)

Well, let's just wait and see. Too early to be dishing out awards and trophys, the Beta Testing has only just started.

What we don't know:-

a) Will the shift-cam hardware (actuator & pins) or Software eat itself, and if it does, what are the consequences?

b) How does the shift-cam actuator failover? Does it go back to low cam to limp home, or stay in high cam and strand you?. Do both actuators always mirror each other in failover?. what are the consequences if they don't?

c) How durable is the shift-cam actuator hardware (electronics, cam tracks or the pins)? do they wear and create havoc? are the electronics reliable? can you keep oil out of the actuator unit? How sensitive is it to be knocked or banged about?

d) What if one side actuator fails, but the other side continues to move cams normally.... does it shut down? Or continue, what are the consequences?

e) Can the final drive, gearbox, clutch, cush systems cope easily with the extra torque being dished out? It'll definitely induce more wear.

f) Will 1250 owners be moaning about rear tyre wear? Torque eats tyres.

g) ...add more questions here

Just saying like.... you lucky betabastards haha :D

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not?

Have you ever bought anything?

Or is a horse and cart deemed too technologically risky for you? Worried that new fangled “wheel” thing might fail on you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are some real numbers taken by german MO magazine ;
1250 GS vs 1200 GS E-4 , 60-180 km/h in 6th gear :
10.8 vs 12.9 sec...that is roughly 6 bike length the 1250 is ahead of the 1200 accelerating from 60-180.
Pretty impressive and definitely something you can feel:thumby:
MO said the 1250 is accelerates as fast in 6th gear as the 1200 is 5th...

As for the geometry changes definitely 109 mm trail vs 100 mm 1250 vs 1200 where the ADV / Rally with sports suspension had 95 mm...taken from the same article.

Stick give us your unbiased report after the first break-in service when you finally can give it the stick...no wonder you like it since it already came with your favorite tires...:thumb

Or is a horse and cart deemed too technologically risky for you? Worried that new fangled “wheel” thing might fail on you?

It's satire mixed with a bit of curiosity, that's all :D

Woohooo :beerjug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/shLdFafoMZA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've obviously never beta tested for BMW Motorrad , as for engine longevity (a genuine concern ) ask a dealer (if they will admit to it ) why a number of the first batch of f850gs production bikes have been repatriated back to Berlin to have a post mortem done on their motors ?

But those engines are made in china...:mad: and not made in germany !

Warlord I don't know where they are made but they work flawlessly for years in engines of various automobile manufacturers.As this system is a first in motorcycle engines but has been around for years in cars.I would not worry about it especially since you can always make it home as the low rpm cam-lobes are good for up to 5000 rpm or roughly 80 mph if anything should go wrong on the way to Ushuaia...;)

Warlord I don't know where they are made but they work flawlessly for years in engines of various automobile manufacturers.As this system is a first in motorcycle engines but has been around for years in cars.I would not worry about it especially since you can always make it home as the low rpm cam-lobes are good for up to 5000 rpm or roughly 80 mph if anything should go wrong on the way to Ushuaia...;)

- Spoked wheels have worked flawlessly for years....
- Front forks have worked flawlessly for years....
- Rubber gaiters have worked flawlessly for years....
- Final Drives have worked flawlessly for years...
- Million other motorcycle parts have worked flawlessly for years....

But, BMW do have a track record of engineering a fail into there's somehow... and then add a premium charge and ship it out to their customers.

They can't even get a fookin wheel right, where's the hope of anything else?

Do you work for BMW or are you just incredibly stupid ?

Warlord if it makes you happy I had my rubber gator replaced as well...but I don't whine about it.
Just check your stuff and get it fixed...that is what warranty is for.
Get a 1250 enjoy it and in 3 years get the all new carbon framed 150 hp 1300 with double shift cam.
Life is short...enjoy it while it lasts and make some memories !

Warlord if it makes you happy I had my rubber gator replaced as well...but I don't whine about it.

Yeah but I bet your shaft and final drive did..... :D

Or be like the dutch homo in the video and tell yourself how the 1250 feels like a 4 cylinder and that you don't need the added power and how much better you like the old 1200...:D
It's all good !

Or be like the dutch homo in the video and tell yourself how the 1250 feels like a 4 cylinder and that you don't need the added power and how much better you like the old 1200...:D
It's all good !

Haha :D

I'm definitely buying a R1250 GSA.

But only when I've watched a few explode on here first, and after the mass shit-cam recall and factobollox results are in.

I'm waiting for the facelifted version anyway in 2020 :D

I hear you Warlord...I myself are not brave enough to get in line first...;)
As for facelifted versions I think the GS got it's facelift a year ago and ADV,R,RS will come out facelifted already with LED lights and new gauges in a few weeks @ EICMA...2020/21 E-5 maps will be on the ECU so I definitely plan to get one of the last with E-4 mapping.I would speculate 2023 BMW 100TH anniversary we will see the all new GS and line of boxers lighter,more cc and even quieter leaner running...
Still hoping for that R1250S and GS with 17" wheels/geometry straight from the factory...:thumb
And always check your rubber...;)

Back
Top Bottom