BMW R1250GS vs BMW R1200GSA Acceleration Test Video

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well here it is. :rolleyes: :blast

As I predicted, fuck all in it..... :blagblah

Both standard bikes, no remaps...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QWUcVGG5eO8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW R1250GS Rider reported....

i) less engine braking than on 1200, so he had to rely on brakes more
ii) engine was smoother with a torque surge midway through the rev range. bike felt more powerful and definitely gave the 'grin' factor
iii) real acceleration test was neutral, he had no excess power to try and overtake, best he could do was keep up. Same situation when R1200 was following R1250, just kept up with each other.
iv) NOT worth the upgrade from a R1200 UNLESS you just want a new shiny bike with all the other TFT, Hill Hold Assist, features etc.
v) no engine clatter like the R1200, was smoooth and sporty sounding
vi) Handled well and was nice to ride

Well here it is. :rolleyes: :blast

As I predicted, fuck all in it..... :blagblah

Both standard bikes, no remaps...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QWUcVGG5eO8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As expected, more marketing hype. Let’s see what the Hilltop figures pre and post remap show, once someone takes their 1250 there

It's 90% the same bike !!

This video would us tell more if both bikes were side by side and then accelerate in the same gear like 3,4,5,6...but one thing for sure the new 1250 leaves the old 1200 behind...But then let's be honest the older 1200 LC boxer is no slouch either as it makes more power and torque than even the new Ducati 1100 Panigale V4 all the way to 8000 rpm...so with a 11 hp and 18 nm torque increase the 1250 will be the strongest motorcycle engine period in the rpm levels relevant for road riding :thumb2 As 10000rpm plus is really only relevant on the track or sunday morning at 5:30 on the german Autobahn...:D

This video would us tell more if both bikes were side by side and then accelerate in the same gear like 3,4,5,6...but one thing for sure the new 1250 leaves the old 1200 behind...But then let's be honest the older 1200 LC boxer is no slouch either as it makes more power and torque than even the new Ducati 1100 Panigale V4 all the way to 8000 rpm...so with a 11 hp and 18 nm torque increase the 1250 will be the strongest motorcycle engine period in the rpm levels relevant for road riding :thumb2 As 10000rpm plus is really only relevant on the track or sunday morning at 5:30 on the german Autobahn...:D

Fuck me - it’s half term again already.....

makes more power and torque than even the new Ducati 1100 Panigale V4 all the way to 8000 rpm..

1100 V4 Pannigale....you really do need to ride a FAST Bike to see just how slow a GS is :thumb2

Fast Bike no problem...did 2 days on the track on the S1000RR a couple weekends ago...:thumb2
Can't wait to try the all new S-RR next year to see if I still fit on it as small as it looks.
B.T.W. saw the dyno graph in PS on a recent test on the "ring and compared to the LC boxer the hp and torque graph of the new V4 Ducati was small,real small...:thumby:
Of course above 8000 rpm the Ducati V4 1100 took off and made everything else real small...;)
Until it sucked a valve and destroyed itself like a good Italian diva would...at least it probably was fun or scary while it lasted...:D

1100 V4 Pannigale....you really do need to ride a FAST Bike to see just how slow a GS is :thumb2

Back in 2015 I had a brand new Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport with a quickshifter and 210 BHP.

A mate on a 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure asked me to show him how fast it was compared to his.

Haha, I had so much fun :D

No mate, it's a real world example of real world results.

Not a lab test, not a factobollox debate, not a keyboard warrior ninja vortex trolling, a real life example.

Theres fuck all in it.... live with it.

Item: i) engine braking??

A bit old fashioned, isn't that what the ABS braking system is there for.

Item: i) engine braking??

A bit old fashioned, isn't that what the ABS braking system is there for.

You wont need so much brakes with a big twin, but I’m surprised the larger displacement engine has less engine braking.

You wont need so much brakes with a big twin, but I’m surprised the larger displacement engine has less engine braking.

Me to... I wonder if it's anything to do with the shift-cam position?

Maybe more engine braking on low cam? not so much on high cam?

They're both slow - relatively speaking.

If you want sports bike turns of speed, buy a...

They're both slow - relatively speaking.

If you want sports bike turns of speed, buy a...

Ninja H2, S1000RR, R1M, Panigale, etc

Exactly right.

If you still need to engage with performance arguments on this 1250 engine after this video... you're on the wrong bike !

I'm just showing the deluded the reality of this engine 'upgrade' on normal roads, with normal riders.

It'll make no difference :D

Oh... it'll be exactly the same for the Hilltop deluded as well.... no difference except they get £250 of your money for your delusion....

Back
Top Bottom