Loose Spoke recall

grimo

Reaction score
Had a call today from my dealer to bring the bike in for a check on the spokes. They will do a tightness check and if more than seven are loose then they will replace the wheel. Apparently it's a recall / safety check.
2018 Rallye Adventure TE
Anyone else had such a call ?

Nope. Had my bike in for its running in service on Saturday and they did not mention it. Been checking the spokes myself and nothing untoward found.

Think there is a big thread on loose spokes- might help you

Sounds like a safety check to me

Recall letters are sent out via the DVLA

It's good of BMW to be proactive in the face of potential litigation from a deceased's family

Well done the Erics :thumby:

Not had a letter about spokes, Just had a 2 year service on my 2016 GSA TE, and on the video for my health check, the mechanics last bit he says "" just need to check the spokes and your service is finished"

Just spoke to my dealer. Its a service check. I was in last Saturday. but they said leave it ill April when Im in for service. Its not a recall.

Strange , because they specifically rang me to bring the bike down to get them checked. My service isn't due until march 19 so must be pretty urgent.

Just spoke to my dealer. Its a service check. I was in last Saturday. but they said leave it ill April when Im in for service. Its not a recall.

Spring hmm Nige all the new wheels will be gone, go get a sausage and make them check........;)

Spring hmm Nige all the new wheels will be gone, go get a sausage and make them check........;)

Is a bit strange...... Both my local dealers said the same. Spose its sausage time then !

I was told it was a recall if more than 7 loose, mine was 10 hence waiting on delivery of new rear wheel.

FFS stop fuckin complaining. Loosen your spokes after winter and get new wheels for free. What’s not to like?

What happens when the spokes on the replacement wheels go loose ?

Do you just keep getting new wheels ??

Mine had 5 loose after 600 miles - tightened by Bhanstormers - now on nearly 2,000 and all still tight..

Back
Top Bottom