Ccm ft35s

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Wow. All the fuss about the spitfire and they did this ten years ago.

I've now got number 4 of 120.

It is truly a beautiful bike and looks like a custom build. Mine was registered in 2009 and looks like new (ish).

After all the gadgetry on the BMW is is great to go back to basics
993a5585821efeafa7f7c1be2d87771b.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

I like that :thumb

What engine is in it Suzuki or KTM and did it have a big bore kit added?
:beerjug:

Standard drz400 engine with the pumper carb. Same setup as drz400e

Standard drz400 engine with the pumper carb. Same setup as drz400e

If it is the same motor as my 404E it is the Aussie market spec DRZ400 Enduro motor which has a better head and cam with the Keihin FCR carb, they are typical CCM with some excellent bits of design spoiled by some utterly sh*t bits of bodgery.

The sidestand bracket/ chain roller is an utter bodge as is the rear swingingarm bearing set up (ludicrous attempt to stop water /grit ingress on an off road bike with a couple of O rings) and at least you haven't got the Airbox designed to allow water to funnel straight from the top of the rear mudguard straight into the airbox.

Still love mine though

You got a ft35s as well?

Nope I have a 404 E the enduro model but it uses the same frame ,motor etc. Visited the factory in 2004 with a mate who was thinking about taking on a franchise and knew the Clews family from way back.

CCM would always get in the best suspension,brake and engine components from whoever would supply them (until they failed to pay the bills and went bust again !) but were utter sh*ts if anything went wrong ............ initial 404's suffered top end failures when rivets fell out of the airbox and were ingested into the valves ....CCM's respone 'not our problem' , similarly the Suzuki 650 freewind engine they used in the 644 would suffer gearbox failure at low mileage ............again 'not our problem'.

Real shame because there is no comparison between a CCM404 DS/E when compared to a DRZ400E or S when ridden off road

What a great bike, i had one 4 years ago and it went far better than the figures suggest, stonking engine and for me at 5ft 7 still felt like a little bmx with an engine, my mate just bought one a couple of weeks ago with the big bore kit, cant wait to have a go, i got a new ccm flat tracker on order but i dont think it would handle a good thrashing like these little gems :)

Back
Top Bottom