Bit of advice on a ‘low’ model needed.

Akulaking

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, could use some advice please, I’ve been offered a really good deal on a 2012 GS factory ‘low’ model. Trouble is I’m 6’2” and would be better with a standard model. What I want to know then, is it just a shorter rear shock, is the front lower too, would a standard shock drop straight in, or is the frame geometry/size different.
Is there a tall seat option too, this has a low seat fitted.
Thanks.

Different side stand can’t fit esa to low model Not sure on geometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One interesting fact is I have a 29 inch inside leg and I get on very well with the gsa in low seat format perhaps it's more a confidence thing and that will come with time

I'm only 5'8" with an instep to the ground of 32 inches (not to be confused with inside leg for trousers...30.5" for me...which some people use in the comparison!). I find the standard GS perfect with the standard seat set to "low". My GSA is easily manageable with the standard seat to (balls of feet on ground), but with luggage and extra mass, I'd be happier with the low or standard Exclusive Rider's seat. At 6'2" your problem with the low bike might be the shorter peg to seat height that comes with lower suspension. This can make for less comfortable long spells in the saddle, but you may be ok with the seat raised to high or with the higher seat fitted. Personally, at your height, I'd be looking for the standard model.

I might be wrong, but I don't think lowering the suspension changes the seat to peg measurement

Different side stand can’t fit esa to low model Not sure on geometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really! You can on 2013 < (LC models)

I might be wrong, but I don't think lowering the suspension changes the seat to peg measurement

It does, but only with regard to the low seat option (if fitted).

Yes...realised my mistake after posting! Pegs are attached to frame so height of suspension is irrelevant, only height of seat matters :blast

Bought it anyway. With standard seat on high setting its fine, I spoke to Tony Archer before I bought it, he can raise the seat by two inches without it look odd, but to be honest I’m happy how it is, I can easily flat foot, and the bike still feels comfortable.

Bought it anyway. With standard seat on high setting its fine, I spoke to Tony Archer before I bought it, he can raise the seat by two inches without it look odd, but to be honest I’m happy how it is, I can easily flat foot, and the bike still feels comfortable.

Looking odd.

Back
Top Bottom