Scrambler 1200

What about the “go” I like torque will I be disappointed. ?

The 900 felt like my old 400 super dream tbh and left me cold...same when I had the 1050 KTM....

I need to know it’s a big twin....

The 1200 motor is much stronger than the 900, I tried both before buying

The 1200 has plenty of torque, especially with the right gearing (I put a larger rear sprocket on mt T120 which transformed it)

And the “new” street Scrambler has more power then the one I had...

This is also true. Up 18% over the earlier bike IIRC ;)

It's not that the Street Scrambler is a bad bike. It's just that the 1200 Scrambler is so much better in every department, especially for the longer legged :thumb

I can see a green/white one in my garage.....

Finally had a go on one today, as I was thinking about booking the level 2 off road triumph training and they give you the option of Tiger's (800/1200) or the Scrambler.

I LOVED the sound of it, and the low down torque, it really sounded amazing and was easy to ride. It weighs about the same as the Tiger 800 so was pretty close in terms of overall bulk.

Ultimately, there were a few things that would make me not want it to do a reasonable number of miles on (about 5K per year). Once I got it onto a dual carriageway, inevitably the windblast was a bit of a nuisance at 70 and probably tiring over long periods, also the engine cases stick out a little so foul your boots on the pegs. The high level exhaust gets really hot, and filling up with fuel I nearly burn't my leg wearing textiles.

Overall I'd love one in the garage as they look brilliant, but it's not a travel bike for me (and I realise the design brief is not really that). A Tiger 800 XCA would be a much better proposition as an allrounder, and Im waiting for the new updated version to be released.

[video]https://live.staticflickr.com/video/48600709036/88b745257f/1080p.mp4?s=eyJpIjo0ODYwMDcwOTAzNiwiZSI6MTU2NjQ5ND Y1NiwicyI6IjJmNDc0MTNlOWFiODUxMDE1ZmNiOTFhYTRhNmJj ODU5YTRlYjgwNmMiLCJ2IjoxfQ[/video]

So Im booking both the level 2 training 2 days and the 2 day gravel tour with Triumph on the Tiger 800 XCA.

RBW.

Couldn't agree a deal with my local dealer for a 1200 Super Tenere....so went out to North Wales ( boring average speed cameras btw ) with a friend who owns a Triumph 1200 Scrambler. He loves the bike but when we were out on a previous ride last week, it showed up a problem with the keyless ignition. It sorted itself out but when we went to leave my house this morning, same thing again but this time it wouldn't start !! Eventually ( we don't know how ) it fired up and the screen sorted itself out.....but on leaving Denbigh the screen showed the same fault again, so we rode straight to Bill Smiths of Chester ( engine left on in case it wouldn't start again ) who found a fault code and re-set the programme.
As this was only today, just asking if anyone else has had a similar problem ?
Incidentally, whilst there another 1200 Scrambler owner turned up with the same fault !!!! His was being wheeled into the workshop when we were leaving !

As this was only today, just asking if anyone else has had a similar problem ?
Incidentally, whilst there another 1200 Scrambler owner turned up with the same fault !!!! His was being wheeled into the workshop when we were leaving !

I've never had an issue with my Scrambler XC and have not heard of this as a known fault :bounce1

Swapped my 790R for my bro’s 2 month old fully loaded XE today.
Only rode it for first time yesterday when he expressed interest in 790R and didn’t even know I was selling it.
I was planning to reduce the fleet but we’ve done a straight swap as similar costs involved.
The XE rides VERY nicely.The suspension is in a different league to my T120 Black I had briefly a while back .The Showa/Ohlins is a step up.
Wasn’t 100% sold on the Scrambler thing but it’s a nice bit of kit and I can always sell it to Twizzle if I get bored ! :)

And it’s different enough to my other bikes and will be fun to pootle on around Brittany.

5530cc1a9effa3425c45165c657d7de6.jpg
9a86d17fd495f13a5d29df19357df397.jpg
94c4909bb08328e626487bb383df75ac.jpg
8f25e2690be0466989847e058e76a08f.jpg

Around May 2020 will be a nice bit of timing....

Back
Top Bottom