Scrambler 1200

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Looking good, XE version has different forks and shocks and longer swingarm.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/classic/bonneville-scrambler-1200/scrambler-1200-xe

Scrambler-1200-XE-RHS-2.jpg

Not so sure on the colour choice, but looks like fun. 16 litre tank 207kg(dry), cruise + all the toys.

RBW.

I really like the look of it.

If you take away any notion of being an off road bike and just enjoy it for being a nice thing to own and bimble about on I think it'll be a cracking bike. That 1200 twin motor is a peach!

This looks lovely - I had a 900 HT Scrambler fir a 1,000 miles and it was so gutless I moved it on quick..

This on paper looks a better bet...

It does look nice but I hope the 12k service costs aren't as ridiculously expensive as the previous model.

Is the bike tall or is that guy quite short?

That pic above makes it look mahoosive - or ridden by a tiny chap

wonder what the price will be

It does look nice but I hope the 12k service costs aren't as ridiculously expensive as the previous model.

Is the bike tall or is that guy quite short?

That's Dutch who owns 'The Bike Shed' ..... he's about 5'7"

Looks lovely, I'm keen to do a test ride next year. I would rather have a 19-inch tubeless front wheel rather than a 21 inch with tubes for off-road wannabes on an expensive bike.

Looks lovely, I'm keen to do a test ride next year.

I would rather have a 19-inch tubeless front wheel rather than a 21 inch with tubes for off-road wannabes on an expensive bike.

It's a 21" tubeless front wheel, didn't you check the spec or pics before writing that?

Talk about misinformation and getting the wrong end of the stick:blast

Front Wheel Tubeless 36-spoke 21 x 2.15in, aluminium rims
Rear Wheel Tubeless 32-spoke 17 x 4.25in, aluminium rims

:comfort

It's a 21" tubeless front wheel, didn't you check the spec or pics before writing that?
:comfort

Thanks, I just looked at the picture so good to know :beerjug: I assumed it wasn't tubeless given the 800 XC has tubes and it's more road oriented than the new scrambler.

I still think a 19 inch front wheel would be nice though for day to day riding and some touring :thumb

I really like the look of it.

If you take away any notion of being an off road bike and just enjoy it for being a nice thing to own and bimble about on I think it'll be a cracking bike. That 1200 twin motor is a peach!

I've not ridden Thruxton R but I do own a 1200 Bobber and that has a great motor :thumb2

According to the blurb the Scrambler has a retuned Thruxton motor which should make it a stonker :bow

I wouldn't be so sure about taking one off road as I doubt it will crash too well. That's what cheap 1090 R's are for :augie

Back
Top Bottom