Dare to be different...

Wapping

Reaction score
Give the north and eastern side of Germany a go.

02401cf18b980992b409ba11888c22c9.png

43dd08159b60363ba01ca5bb53b16dd2.png

e8592d103012258caf8690720949dd79.png

63775a1c1e0d756716254b1a8e75a75f.png

52f40d6c2aaef8ed8b81c5000a990fa4.png

Courtesy of Alpentourer magazine

Very nice, thank you Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Thanks for the routes. Was gutted when I read your post. I was working in Weimar in June and went out on the bike last minute as the weather was good. Two German Tossers staying in the same hotel told me about the D90 route. My German is GCSE level so didn't realise what I missed till I saw you post. Will be going back in March so will make a week of it. Pics of their bikes.

Mike

Attachments

• jj2 (2).jpg
    jj2 (2).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 273
  • jj (2).jpg
    jj (2).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 291
How's it different to use someone else's route? :D

How's it different to use someone else's route? :D

For anyone who uses their own, it will be different. Obviously. ;)

But hey, not many bods hoon their awsomes to the north or east of Germany, as they only ever go to the D Day beaches, payin’ respect, feeling humbled and all that stuff. It’ll be different for them to maybe bimble somewhere else. It’ll be quite safe.

For anyone who uses their own, it will be different. Obviously. ;)

But hey, not many bods hoon their awsomes to the north or east of Germany, as they only ever go to the D Day beaches, payin’ respect, feeling humbled and all that stuff. It’ll be different for them to maybe bimble somewhere else. It’ll be quite safe.

PMSL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did some of the NE a while back. Some old German friends had recommended Rugen, a memory of their childhood & the 'Holiday Camp'.

We used Lubeck as our first base (the Radisson is well placed) & then we moved on to Schwerin, to cover the Mecklenbergische Seenplatte (lakelands) where we based at the Best Western Seehotel Frankenhorst. The BW is a few miles out of town, on the ferry route; we were lucky enough to find ourselves in the midst of a classic coach meeting & one group with a c1950 Magrius Deutz, stayed over, organised a party for everyone, culminating in a fireworks display over the lake. Some great roads around here. We had intended to do Rugen, based out of Stralsund, but simply ran out of time. Fascinating area though, very welcoming, old Germany still (just).

The Michelin Green does a 1700Km route which is pretty comprehensive, but you would need 3 weeks to do the place justice. Weather; shall we say variable. It knows how to test riding gear, but when the sun shines ......... beautiful.

Rugen island (Germany’s largest) is worth a detour, as Michelin say.

OK, it’s not full of rip ‘em twisties or mountain hairpins but so what.

Back
Top Bottom