Tills Bosch injector upgrades...

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just fitted one of Till's injector upgrade kits to my long suffering scrufster of a 99 Dakar R11GS... They work and are a very useful addition to a good engine... Smoother response and better pick up from lower revs... This is my 4th 11GS and I have tried quite a few things over the years and the present 11 with a standard exhaust, good free revving engine (yes they can differ a great deal), Greek John mild tune chip and now the injectors is a really good mix...
I prefer the 5 gear oilheads and now top gear is torquey from 40mph upwards with town work easier with lower revs smooth running...

https://www.tills.de/R1100xx---Upgrade-Kit-auf-12er---2-0---Plug-Play.html

Sale on with 20% off and approx. £155 posted for a very neat and easy to fit kit...;)

PS 11's are "open loop" which are different to "closed loop" 1150's... Different Motronic, no Lambda and a more basic set up and injector...;)

Jürgen Tills in Westphalia is a good trader. He supplies lots of nice thoughtful things you might need for our bikes. I was pleased with the way he included a tiny little pot of the expensive Staburags NBU30-PTM high-impact clutch repair grease that they use at the Berlin factory - or used to decades ago when they made single-plate dry clutch assemblies - included with the slave cylinders I got from him at tills.de. Klüber Lubricants are reluctant to sell an individual rider one of their vastly-expensive 150 gramme tubes of the stuff, so till's idea of a titchy little pot of it for only a couple of snoojits is a great one. Coz you only need a pea-sized blob to lube the splined shaft and friction-plate hub.

Staburags-Little-Pot.jpg

Just as an update...

The bike runs far stronger in the midrange.. Throttle response is improved and after two fill ups it seems to be 10% better on economy... No crazy claims or the like but a very effective upgrade for real riding of these bikes...��

Just ordered a pair for my 2003 1150 gs, can anyone tell me, are they just a straight swap or is it more complicated ? :marc

According to the description, they come with whatever adapters/fittings are required. You did notice there were 2 kits - one for the 1100 and one for the 1150?

Injectors

Till,s set comes with an adaptor and all the necessary O-Rings , so it’s straight bolt on...much improvement I found

According to the description, they come with whatever adapters/fittings are required. You did notice there were 2 kits - one for the 1100 and one for the 1150?
WHOOPS, this is what I ordered?

Hope these are the correct ones ? :blast

WHOOPS, this is what I ordered?

Hope these are the correct ones ? :blast

That's the fellow. The link by the OP went to the R1100 set, where there was a link to the R1100S, which didn't seem obvious until I checked the part number.

It also took me a while to find the English version :blast

These are kits to fit the 1200 injectors to the 11xx. I know nothing about 1200s, but try searching 'Hilltop' on this site.

I've read all about Hilltop and have seen many YouTube videos about their magic being applied. Would have to be a mail order job for me though as it's a bit of a spin to get there...

Back
Top Bottom