Ducati forum is rubbish...

Being a member of the Ducati forum i must concur with the OP

Boring with little or no banter/argument/threats to kill etc etc

Not a lot of useful information to be found and difficult to navigate through the sheer number of forums within forums

I much prefer it here with you load of old twats

The ducati forum is rubbish, someone posted a pearl of information about the 959 Panigale disappearing from the configurator at 1:30pm today, and there have been two posts since, one of them saying the poster will keep his bike and one of them mine.

If that was UKGSer by now there would have been a detailed analysis, much excitement about the new model launch day (4th November), 3 arguments about build quality, 2 semantic arguments about nothing, 1 flounce and at least one mention of brexit.

Another couple of posts pointing out the speeling mistakes and the incorrect use of the grammer used.

I’ve got an 899 Panigale, 2014 year and it’s certainly no garage Queen, it’s shown no mercy and is used in all weathers, Continental trips etc and it’s just clocked over 20,200 ish miles now , out of all the bikes I’ve had in the last 40 odd years it’s by far the best finished, best designed, best build quality, best looking and most reliable bike I’ve owned and it goes without saying it’s far more exciting than any boring, plodding BMW twin, I’ve got one of those as well before some smart arse jumps in!

Folks on here are deluded who post about crap reliability of Italian bikes, at least the modern ones anyway, without having owned and done a good few miles on one, I’d have another one of these in a heartbeat, l couldn’t say the same about modern BM’s with their leaking esa shocks and paint that won’t stay on the crankcases.....truth be known, your all shit scared of owning one that’s out of warranty, that’s how confident you are in them, go on...chop it in for a new one when your 2 year pcp is up...sheep!!!

Awaits incoming :thumb

Great, some bites..keep em coming ��

Oh good, you’ve got spares for when the BM’s break down :comfort:comfort

I agree with Poucher, my 2014 899 is now on 29K but I have a couple of caveats...

1) I do feel nervous having the bike out of warranty, it bothers me but then the cost to change to get a bike in warranty would be significant (probably 8K to get the same bike). I'd feel like this with any bike, and to mitigate it I just earmark a fund for any unplanned expenditure. The only thing that has caught me out so far cost me £300 (gearchange sensor and the exhaust covers came loose and the exhaust needed to be removed to get to the bolts holding the exhaust covers on underside the bike (bolts needed to be drilled out as the rear tyre covers them in crap).

2) Mine is in for it's second desmo service at the moment, because of the wonderful packaging it requires 11 hours labour. I could skip it, but at the first big desmo service they found a rear cylinder rocker arm was worn and replaced it (FOC as still under warranty). I won't risk not getting it done, but with a service and a chain and sprockets its £1K which seems like a lot.

Other than that, it sounds fantastic, is reasonably comfy and I have never kept a bike this long before although I will probably will change it next year.

RBW.

Last edited:
I will probably will change it next year.

RBW.

What are you fancying then RBW ?

Biggest problem I have with the Ducati is what to replace it with, it’s such a hard act to follow?

I had a test ride this week on an Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 Factory.....wow!, absolutely brutal, could be tempted??

Back
Top Bottom