Ducati forum is rubbish...

I've got exactly the same 'problem', no idea what I want. The Ducati 2019 launch might be interesting on the 4th November, as hopefully there will be a smaller v4, but I doubt it. I may move away from sportsbikes, but want something that tours well (and as you know the 899 tours really well, I have the SW motech blaze panniers for luggage and its a great combo.) I may go full 'old fart' mode and get an RT, it feels like an itch I need to scratch but I'm sure I will regret not having such an engaging bike as the 899.

I tried the new GS1250 and really liked it, and have lined up a demo of the 1250RT in November once the dealer has the bike in.

Great problems to have, the bike fund is looking healthy but I'm just reluctant to change to something I will like less. I had thought about keeping mine as a sunny day bike as the mileage will put people off but not sure I fancy the running costs of multiple bikes (already have a little scooter for commuting). I did have ideas about the V4S Panigale, but the insurance was over £2K and I'm just not paying that.

RBW.

*edited* Colleague has a tuono (well 2, as first one was pinched), and they are lovely and sound great. I wouldnt want a naked bike as my sole bike though.

What are you fancying then RBW ?

Biggest problem I have with the Ducati is what to replace it with, it’s such a hard act to follow?

I had a test ride this week on an Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 Factory.....wow!, absolutely brutal, could be tempted??

I've got exactly the same 'problem', no idea what I want. The Ducati 2019 launch might be interesting on the 4th November, as hopefully there will be a smaller v4, but I doubt it. I may move away from sportsbikes, but want something that tours well (and as you know the 899 tours really well, I have the SW motech blaze panniers for luggage and its a great combo.) I may go full 'old fart' mode and get an RT, it feels like an itch I need to scratch but I'm sure I will regret not having such an engaging bike as the 899.

I tried the new GS1250 and really liked it, and have lined up a demo of the 1250RT in November once the dealer has the bike in.

Great problems to have, the bike fund is looking healthy but I'm just reluctant to change to something I will like less. I had thought about keeping mine as a sunny day bike as the mileage will put people off but not sure I fancy the running costs of multiple bikes (already have a little scooter for commuting). I did have ideas about the V4S Panigale, but the insurance was over £2K and I'm just not paying that.

RBW.

*edited* Colleague has a tuono (well 2, as first one was pinched), and they are lovely and sound great. I wouldnt want a naked bike as my sole bike though.
Ftr1200 !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I’ve got an 899 Panigale, 2014 year and it’s certainly no garage Queen, it’s shown no mercy and is used in all weathers, Continental trips etc and it’s just clocked over 20,200 ish miles now , out of all the bikes I’ve had in the last 40 odd years it’s by far the best finished, best designed, best build quality, best looking and most reliable bike I’ve owned and it goes without saying it’s far more exciting than any boring, plodding BMW twin, I’ve got one of those as well before some smart arse jumps in!

Folks on here are deluded who post about crap reliability of Italian bikes, at least the modern ones anyway, without having owned and done a good few miles on one, I’d have another one of these in a heartbeat, l couldn’t say the same about modern BM’s with their leaking esa shocks and paint that won’t stay on the crankcases.....truth be known, your all shit scared of owning one that’s out of warranty, that’s how confident you are in them, go on...chop it in for a new one when your 2 year pcp is up...sheep!!!

Awaits incoming :thumb

How does it compare fun wise with the 990SMT you had

Not at the moment.

860gts, 750ss, 996, 748R S4RS 1098R owned previous. Tried the Panigale V4S didn't like it.

So you’re not a total Ducati hater then Tractors :D!!

Take no notice of me, I’m just in a windy-up-mood tonight, all meant in jest to get a reaction, tbh you’ve got to try really hard to buy a shit bike these days.

What didn’t you like about the Panigale V4s then?

Personally I struggle with the looks of them, they look a bit of a cut n shut, front half of a VFR800 grafted onto a Panigale seat unit, no where near as pretty as the original Panigale and the other thing that bugs me is why is the seat sub frame painted black and the headstock frame just left bare aluminium?? Don’t sound as good as the Aprilla V4s either.
More than likely my next bike will be the Tuono V4 1100 Factory, even if I don’t keep it long, I’m gonna have to buy one to get it out of my system!

I found it fucking mental, and had to recalibrate my brain, which became frazzled. I just couldn't get comfortable with it.

Ok if you're forename is Chas. My rr has similar power but feels more accessible and easier to ride.

I was quicker with the 959, perhaps suits me more.

The Ftr looks like it should be fun.

How does it compare fun wise with the 990SMT you had

Overall I prefer the Ducati, the sounds and sensations it gives you are an utter blast when your tapping the quickshifter up at 10,000 revs, it’s such a slick, well thought out total package and it handles with such precision.
I found the SMT handled less precisely the faster you went as the wind caught your upright body position, also it was a bugger to keep clean with those under seat pipes, good all rounder though, enjoyed having it.

# 068

PA190001.jpg

PA180003.jpg

Got a very nice e-mail from Ilaria at the factory yesterday confirming it's a genuine SP5 and

"we would like to let you know that we have associated the bike to your profile"

Ooo err missus … You don't get that from BMW ;)

Lovely ��

I’ll have to contact the factory with my bikes details have you got a contact email for her.
Thanks.

Not wanting to be contentious, I think that the engineering quality of the 620efi motor in my Monster hybrid is really impressive. The design's good, the parts are well made and its properly screwed together.

It has never let me down, and yes sometimes Italian sundry electronics are a bit iffy (sometimes the speedo works, sometimes it chooses not to... :D ) the ignition circuits and all the essential bits seem to work really reliably.

Paul

PS Touch what wood? Presumably the gods Magnetti and Marelli will see to it that I have a long walk home this evening.. ! :D:D

Not wanting to be contentious, I think that the engineering quality of the 620efi motor in my Monster hybrid is really impressive. The design's good, the parts are well made and its properly screwed together.

It has never let me down, and yes sometimes Italian sundry electronics are a bit iffy (sometimes the speedo works, sometimes it chooses not to... :D ) the ignition circuits and all the essential bits seem to work really reliably.

Paul

PS Touch what wood? Presumably the gods Magnetti and Marelli will see to it that I have a long walk home this evening.. ! :D:D
They beat the Prince of Darkness, for quality, who are frightening.

My experience of Ducati forums is that they are all about how much carbon fibre you can clag onto your bike. No real practical help. Still, the spelling and grammar was better than the KTM forum.

The KTM forum tends to be frequented by MX types who would rather buy a spare part from someone they didn't know, who was selling it 50 pence cheaper than their normal supplier, despite the fact the person selling the cheaper item doesn't have it in stock :blast

I found the KTM forum was mostly for riding gods who had no use for a front wheel except for parking, and know use for a dickshunarry.

Back
Top Bottom