How to transfer images from Mac to ipad?

The iPad will appear as a drive on your MacBook - so you can go into the photo folder and drag/drop the pics?
Its a MacPro, but nonetheless I've never seen a IOS device appear in the list of driveson a Mac OSX computer.

I’m confused as to why you don’t have ‘airdrop’? AFAIK it’s been on Apple devices for years now?

If you don’t use iCloud (I refuse to) then do something silimar and upload to a file sharing site (I use Wetransfer’s free account) and download to your other device or use the same principle with a photo hosting site (I use Smugmug).

Andres

When ipad is connected, and you click on the ipad icon in iTunes (on macbook)

What apps are listed under “sharing apps”?

Transfer the photos using one of them (iPhoto, etc)

Attachments

• 2841679D-FE7C-46FA-8EF1-A8AD8F7509CC.jpeg
    2841679D-FE7C-46FA-8EF1-A8AD8F7509CC.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 107
Why not ...

... select the image you want to transfer on your Mac, then take a picture of it with your iPad :blast

Why are you not using iCloud Andres ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A (probably) irrational stubbornness:D

It really irks me to have spent a fortune on a MacBook Pro only to have Apple fit no capacity to store more than 2 photographs in an attempt to force me to use a subscription based way of storing my pictures. So, I store everything on a remote drive at home.
I also like to be reasonably self sufficient so want to rely on the net as little as possible; what happens if the net goes down locally or on a bigger scale? It worries me just how reliant we are these days on it........

I also have the same irrational dislike of net based, subscription based software and have, so far, managed to avoid it......so far.......

Andres

Open the image. Touch/click the little box with the up arrow, open airdrop and it will search for nearby devices and proceed from there.
How did you get the images onto the Mac? If you used the camera card (SD etc) then use the same card to load onto the Ipad.
After importing into Photo DO NOT delete the photos on the card.

If you are away set up the Icloud account before you go. While away just load the images to the Ipad as you go. By the time you get home they will have been copied to the Mac.

Tom

Open the image. Touch/click the little box with the up arrow, open airdrop and it will search for nearby devices and proceed from there.
When you say 'open the image' with what software.
How did you get the images onto the Mac? If you used the camera card (SD etc) then use the same card to load onto the Ipad.
But I don't have a lightning card reader
After importing into Photo DO NOT delete the photos on the card.

If you are away set up the Icloud account before you go. While away just load the images to the Ipad as you go. By the time you get home they will have been copied to the Mac.
Useful (and obvious) but not relevant in this particular case.

On a more serious note if you've got iPhoto open the picture and look for the share icon in the bottom right hand corner. Then you can email it to yourself and download it on the iPad? Probably works in photos as well but I'm old school.

On a more serious note if you've got iPhoto open the picture and look for the share icon in the bottom right hand corner. Then you can email it to yourself and download it on the iPad? Probably works in photos as well but I'm old school.
Sure, but not relevent as my need was for a way to transfer by USB (like I do for music etc).

Holy shit, Stolzy, by now you could have sent them off to Truprint, got them to print them out for you and sent them back, then run them personally to the iCloud servers in the US or wherever the fuck they are based and handed them to the people who work there and asked them to scan them in for you and upload them to the icloud.

Unfortunately the moment at which this was relevant is long past. Be nice to know how to do it for a future occasion though.

Back
Top Bottom