My favourite gloves - yours?

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fucking hate thick winter gloves, but the Rukka Apollo do well when it gets wet, and slightly cold. Turn the heated grips on...

Most other times, I just use the Rev'it Cayenne Pro gloves. They're lined with a micro type material so feel almost as good as an unlined glove.

My all time favourites were made by Nankai, and were used by that old fella Mick Doohan back in the day. Still have 2 pairs... One are merely a memento while the other are not too bad. Best gloves ever made - almost like not wearing any. Have on old pair of Held Krypton as well, but the long cuffs don't work too well with textile jacket cuffs.

What do you guys use and prefer?

D.

2018-10-28_12-01-31 by deksawyer, on Flickr

Rukka fan here. They are just light enough to feel everything that’s going on, but just warm enough to use in 0 degree c without an issue. Expensive but worth it.

My Rukka Apollos have provided sterling service ,think I've had them about 8 years now and its only relatively recently that I have to be careful not to pull the inners out when removing my hands (more likely if hot). I replaced them as my regular summer glove earlier this year with Held 2-1 Sambias and they seem to ventilate better than the Apollos, work well with the ATAS heated grips and feel warm (in cool summer /autumn) when using the warm/waterproof pocket/ I've not tested the waterproofing with a thorough soaking but being goretex they should (hopefully) be ok.

For the last 2 years I’ve been using my Rev’it Dominator GTX gloves especially if wearing the matching jacket as they work flawlessly together.

184b388414b2e0e332506c2a352d1cd5.jpg

But for local riding and on recent Asturias trip I just wore a leather jacket and my Furygan James D30 waterproof gloves .

Very comfy and quite warm.

cb9bb935802e38d64daf1d3a1d8f1886.jpg

During the summer and to be honest, unless the weather is absolutely horrendous I have been using "Five" Stunt Evo gloves, they are a light, well armoured summer glove.
I have a normal version and a mesh version for really warm weather.
I recently bought a pair of Alpinestars Crosser Drystar for wet weather riding.
207297ca18a38d58e3bf0b9b2029a112.jpg
6fe7fb712b9a0d3eb0db771c57c4eabd.jpg

Sent from a U11
672944c1d4537413ec152e656cc13615.jpg

I wear Klim Dakar all year round with handlebar muffs. Only gloves that fit me - wide'ish hands with short fingers. All other gloves are too long in finger or cant get on my hand.

Held Air n Dry 2 in 1 jobbies....not cheap but superb gloves. My other gloves which I also love as they're supr comfy are a cheap (£40) pair of Richa Carbon winter gloves.

Halvarssons safety glove for me most of the time. They took about 2 years to break in properly but fit like the proverbial now - had them about 8 years I think. No fancy lining or many special features, just nice thick well stitched plain black leather with a knuckle guard. Waterproof for a decent time in rain and warm enough for a normal winters day. CE approved too.

Some well ventilated Rev-it gloves for very days or trips to hot places. Some Held “Freezer” gloves for long winter trips. These also 8+ years old and still waterproof and very warm but they have not had that much use for the last few winters as I don’t commute now.

Anything I can get on my hands - Alpinestars 3XL which, iirc is the largest they do, is a joke, even Klim largest are no good.

Anything I can get on my hands - Alpinestars 3XL which, iirc is the largest they do, is a joke, even Klim largest are no good.
Try "Five" gloves.

I have trouble getting gloves to fit.........I can just about get my hands into certain Alpinestars 3XL (but it's a faff)

The 3XL in Five gloves are spot on.

Sent from a U11

Knox Orsa for summer
BMW GS dry glove for winter (gore tex)
The dry glove is thin, so you can actually feel the buttons/controls. Like you, I hate thick winter gloves
Cheers
Dave

My favourites are a pair of german tank drivers gloves I got for a fiver from an autojumble about 25 years ago. Silvermans have some copies but they are not even close to the originals in quality.

Back
Top Bottom