Open face helmet recommendations (for Nine T)

Jallani

Reaction score
Looking for an open face helmet to compliment by Nine T. I've got a small head so after something with different shell sizing (rather than thicker liner).

I've been web-browsing Davida, BMW Heritage and Shoei but think all sizes have the same shell..

Any recommendations from Nine T tarts out there?

:cool:

Not on an 9T but function over form for me with an Arai X-tend, I like the Arai as I seem to have an Arai size head, and the sides extend further for (slightly) increased protection. Had it for 3 years and its perfect for me, looks ok in frost black.

arai_x-tend_frost-black.jpg

RBW.

Buy the one that's the most comfortable for your head :thumby:

Absolutely the best advice. You appear to live in Crawley so get yourself over to Motolegends in Guildford. They have a very good range of open faced helmets so you’ll have plenty to try on not to mention other gear too. Lots of staff to help and advise.

Helmet

Get over to motolegends and try their range, For my 1956 r50, my wife and I each got Shoei jet helmet (sorry, can’t spot the model name!)- very light, very comfortable, hidden visor, good for small head sizes. Also goggle compatible for you r9t hipsters.

And now I use it for my other bikes too....

Attachments

• D58C7C10-4145-445A-A515-8C1B1132C8BD.jpeg
    D58C7C10-4145-445A-A515-8C1B1132C8BD.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 435
Add Bell 500 Custom to your list :thumb2

Yup, I'd second that.

So many modern open face lids have huge shells and then loads of padding making the riders head look twice as big and ultimately a bit of a twat ;)

The Bells' shell is smaller and there is less padding (but still very comfy) and they look like a 'proper' open face lid which if you're posing on a R9T is important :)

Andres

The SHOEI RJ Platinum R is by a country mile the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn, that includes Arais of every description, BMW Sports , Systems and Carbon Integral, Schuberth and the like
Just about to invest in a couple of Neotec 2s to replace the crappy System 7 BMWs

The SHOEI RJ Platinum R is by a country mile the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn, that includes Arais of every description, BMW Sports , Systems and Carbon Integral, Schuberth and the like
Just about to invest in a couple of Neotec 2s to replace the crappy System 7 BMWs
Me too.:thumb2

A fine example of how different helmets suit different heads.... Shoei is a pain in the arse on my head.

Shoei JO helmet from Motolegends...

https://www.motolegends.com/helmets?Helmet-Style=Open-Face

Got mine from here when they first came out, one of the most comfortable lids i've owned (and i've owned a few). I found the Davida too big (the outer shell) but it was definitely the quietest and also the hottest with a leather and silk liner. I had a Bell 500 Custom but didn't get on with it as the shape wasn't the best for my head. The only other lid i use on the Urban is a Nexx X.G200 which looks great and also a great fit for me...

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'm going to head to Motolegends and try on a few types to see which one sits best...

My shortlist is now, Bell 500, Shoei JO, Davida Jet and DMD (apparently very small shell and reasonably priced).

:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom