Bluetooth cross-compatibility

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A while back I asked for a recommendation on a low cost, easy to connect bluetooth headset for IAM observers to use.

As a result I bought two “Fodsports” V6 Pro (re-badged interphone) units and gave them to two of the guys.

The first, using a Sena 10 managed to pair with the new unit eventually and has had success using it.

The second, using a Cardo Q3 is completely unable to connect with it. I spent a couple of hours updating his firmware and trying to get it to connect but to no avail.
My own Sena 20s will pair with the Prosport but only if I use the new “Universal pairing” function within the config menu.

As a result, I’m left with the conclusion that Cardo Q3 will only connect with another Cardo device (or Schuberth...... same thing).

Does anyone have any experiences that prove my conclusion to be wrong?

A while back I asked for a recommendation on a low cost, easy to connect bluetooth headset for IAM observers to use.

As a result I bought two “Fodsports” V6 Pro (re-badged interphone) units and gave them to two of the guys.

The first, using a Sena 10 managed to pair with the new unit eventually and has had success using it.

The second, using a Cardo Q3 is completely unable to connect with it. I spent a couple of hours updating his firmware and trying to get it to connect but to no avail.
My own Sena 20s will pair with the Prosport but only if I use the new “Universal pairing” function within the config menu.

As a result, I’m left with the conclusion that Cardo Q3 will only connect with another Cardo device (or Schuberth...... same thing).

Does anyone have any experiences that prove my conclusion to be wrong?

Like yourself... I bought a cheapy v6 interphone unit and I've lots of success pairing with various brands, but it does seem that the more 'expensive' units only like to talk to each other.

For club rides most of us now use the v6 with a lot of success - not bad for £28....

SP ;)

Back
Top Bottom