My trousers won’t stay up

Blackal

Reaction score
(They do - actually)

But......

They are BMW Leathergard trousers with a lot of life left in them, but the catch broke...

I’ve searched EBay, Amazon, Google, Google images - but can find shag-all likenesses.......... :blast

Anyone know where I can get these from? :nenau

(Found one pic which shows a similar clip - next to the fella’s thumb)

Cheers! :thumb2

Al

Attachments

• 44166F21-EE7C-4F31-A453-ACC6C1623011.jpeg
    44166F21-EE7C-4F31-A453-ACC6C1623011.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 250
You could try Lancashire Sports Repairs in Burnley. On the web at lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk I'm sure they can fix it, but they might be prepared to supply one to you.

Have you tried either a leather repair shop or horsey place near your abode ?

Often these places have come across this kind of problem before.

If not, consider braces

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Or use a press stud or Velcro to replace it.

Thanks!

Will phone Lancashire Sports, and see if they will supply a couple of catches only - Sending the trousers takes on a whole different magnitude of cost.

Will also phone around the Borders, and see if anyone can fix. My usual local clothing repair company (£12 to re-zip a pair of Goretex trousers, £15 for a goretex Jacket) had nothing similar.

Thanks again.

Or use a press stud or Velcro to replace it.

Mmmmm..... Press stud might do it as an alternative - and Velcro is okay on my Hein-Gericke trousers, albeit that they flap is longer.

Cheers

Al

Thanks!

Will phone Lancashire Sports, and see if they will supply a couple of catches only - Sending the trousers takes on a whole different magnitude of cost.

Will also phone around the Borders, and see if anyone can fix. My usual local clothing repair company (£12 to re-zip a pair of Goretex trousers, £15 for a goretex Jacket) had nothing similar.

Thanks again.
A tailor might be able to help ?

Musselburgh Tailors are excellent, and he owns a 'blade too.

Just be careful. My leatherguard trousers were destroyed by a sewing shop replacing a zip. They very kindly sewed trough the leather. Wet crotch forever more. JJH

(They do - actually)

But......

They are BMW Leathergard trousers with a lot of life left in them, but the catch broke...

I’ve searched EBay, Amazon, Google, Google images - but can find shag-all likenesses.......... :blast

Anyone know where I can get these from? :nenau

(Found one pic which shows a similar clip - next to the fella’s thumb)

Cheers! :thumb2

Al

BMW dealers carry all those spares for the clothing
They will give you one FOC

Great! I had viewed a few bubble packs of similar style, but only had popper fittings - Thanks!

Just be careful. My leatherguard trousers were destroyed by a sewing shop replacing a zip. They very kindly sewed trough the leather. Wet crotch forever more. JJH

Good advice - will keep in mind in case they need re-zipping

BMW dealers carry all those spares for the clothing
They will give you one FOC

Ooh! That could be worth a call, getting two bikes serviced next week.

Thanks - all :thumb2

JB is probably right about the dealers having them. I have a pair of City trousers with the same catch and there is a complete spare which was supplied in a plastic bag still in the pocket (no you can't have it!).

Hi Blackal,

If the dealer can't help, ask again on here. I am sure that I some bits like that around. It's just a matter of finding them.

They aren't interested in doing bike stuff; although listed as a goretex repairer they told me, rather rudely, to try somewhere else.

Rather stupid as I'm 5 minutes away and they have repaired several awnings for my family and me.

Money will now be spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the offers and advice.

I've 'invested' £6 in a set of fasteners, but will also ask my local dealer if they have spares.

(by the time March comes around - they probably won't even fit ....................... )

Al

They aren't interested in doing bike stuff; although listed as a goretex repairer they told me, rather rudely, to try somewhere else.

Rather stupid as I'm 5 minutes away and they have repaired several awnings for my family and me.

Money will now be spent elsewhere.

Quite the opposite with me. :D

Quite the opposite with me. :D
Lucky you;)

They had several £K from my family over the years.

I have a small burn hole in goretex trousers (motorbike) which will be no different from a small burn hole in goretex trousers (walking).

There are lots of other places happy to take my money, and I am happier spending it with them too.

Back
Top Bottom