2006 R1200GS inaccurate fuel gauge

John_mx

Reaction score
Hello,

I can only imagine that this has been covered time and time over but what is the best way to fix or resolve a inaccurate fuel gauge on a 2006 1200GS?

Thank you,

John

:)

Fire; insurance claim.

Live with it.

There is a thread on here about a Dutchman who developed using a later float, over the strip a way to fix the problem. I think he stopped selling ??

You can zap it with a pezzio bbq lighter, without fuel obviously, sometimes it works, others not.

OR, duct tap over warning triangle of annoyance and use the trip meters and average fuel to work out when to tank next.

I aim for around 27L (6 gallons) ish then refuel, still leaving "officially" 6L left to play with. I did get 36L into mine when I decided to drain and brim it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's what I do. Strangely enough, it seems reliable enough when it reaches reserve.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Ditto...bought my '05 in 2013 and it was on it's 4th fuel strip then and still wasn't working properly.
Although it seems to work fine once fuel is low and light comes as it should after that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yes that's what I have been doing :) just thought there might be a quick fix or something to get it to work full time ahah

If you have the original fuel pump, don't unplug your fuel strip as that will have you running out of fuel at about 25 litres used.

The strips usually fail on the level sensing circuit which makes the ECU think the tank is empty. That runs the pump at full power all of the time and ensures the tank will empty properly.

Just gone back and has a look at real oem

According to the specs -

The 06 and any other varients with the 307 designator only have a fuel strip or electronic communication with the fuel strip

if they have the optional onboard computer

This would equate to having the mid or high ZFE module although the mid ZFE does come with ABS & no onboard computer

The low ZFE module does not have ABS either.

Back
Top Bottom