New Battery?

It seems there is a battery drain issue due to a £300 electronic module on the bike. This causes excessive current drain when the bike is parked up. The module has been replaced with a different spec one in newer bikes but BMW do not seem to be doing a re-call despite many problems worldwide. My 2016 GSA has the same problem and I replaced the battery with a Yuasa one (Never ever had to replace one of these on any bike) and lo and behold same problem. My bike is out of warranty and BMW have a bit of a 'swallow my nob attitude' in such cases. I am going to try my local dealer and if they won't help - which I suspect they won't, I will be leaving this forum and BMW forever!
You could leave bmw. You don’t have to leave the form. JJH

It seems there is a battery drain issue due to a £300 electronic module on the bike. This causes excessive current drain when the bike is parked up. The module has been replaced with a different spec one in newer bikes but BMW do not seem to be doing a re-call despite many problems worldwide. My 2016 GSA has the same problem and I replaced the battery with a Yuasa one (Never ever had to replace one of these on any bike) and lo and behold same problem. My bike is out of warranty and BMW have a bit of a 'swallow my nob attitude' in such cases. I am going to try my local dealer and if they won't help - which I suspect they won't, I will be leaving this forum and BMW forever!

Yep always the forums fault.......................:blast

Interesting. Picked up a 2016 GS LC two weeks ago. (my 2nd LC) First chance today to take it for a quick spin. Battery flat - reading 10.9v It has as alarm and it may have been on at times, not sure.

On charge as I type this....

Going to have it on trickle charge permanently me thinks.

Will they replace this module under warranty?

Dont leave, I for one am looking forward to your next trio of contributions in the next two and a half years.:augie

Do you know which module is causing the issue?

If a smartcharger is available, perhaps disconnecting the battery and run a complete desulphation will be of help.

We need to get the Investigative team together - This sounds like a good one - A parasite living in a module and eating power!
Worldwide cases - (but unheard of, on here !!!)

We need to get the Investigative team together - This sounds like a good one - A parasite living in a module and eating power!
Worldwide cases - (but unheard of, on here !!!)
I'm sure the 4th Dr Who, dealt with it in the episode of the RrrTeee that almost lived. I could be wrong though, it may have been the 6th Dr.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you Google it.

The culprit seems to be a bad batch of control modules - General Module "Light" Part #61358566461

Diagram # 61-5399 on the fiche...

The reason it's not being complained about is that the battery takes about a week to 10 days before the bike starts to fail to start. Alot of people use battery trickle charger so are not aware or think it's normal

My bike has the same problem. I lose. 0.15v a day. Waiting for the next service in the summer for BMW to resolve

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom