Slow puncture

Prf

Reaction score
Hello to all,I recently picked up a small size screw in my rear tyre.It was positioned in a depression in the tyre thread.I tried to fix it using a plug,following the instructions, after 3 attempts I'm now still losing a small bit of pressure over a week.This means I have to pump the tyre each time I ride.Im just wondering if I could put some tyre sealant in .Im aware of the pressure sensor, and because the tyre is fairly new,don't want to replace it yet.Any thoughts on the pros and cons please.

When a plug won't hold try using a Rats Tail.

Personally I’d take off the tyre and inspect the inside for damage/foreign objects. Then repair with a proper patch. Screws by their nature can do damage with their threads. JJH

Screws by their nature can do damage with their threads. JJH

And yet in the "old" days i've fixed many a puncture using a self tapping screw smeared with rubber solution.

And yet in the "old" days i've fixed many a puncture using a self tapping screw smeared with rubber solution.

So did I without the solution. But the screw was screwd in. Not picked up bye the tyre in some haphazard fashion and I’m guessing here but just as lightly not screwd out either. JJH

Thanks for the different viewpoints on this,I will go to the trouble of removing the wheel and doing a proper job.Love the humour by the way,made me see the funny side. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom