hilltop motorcycles bmws1000r mapping

samrossi46

Reaction score
hi guys
has anyone taken an BMW s1000r to be mapped at hilltop ? i have personally taken my big bang R1 and had great results and no complaints whatsoever . my brother has also had his 2015 GS along with his 2016 panigale with again outstanding results .

A friend of mine has a BMW s1000r and wants it mapping and i couldnt recommend hilltop enough from the way he transformed both my R1 and my bros bikes . he has a concern after watching the lamb chop you tube review on hilltop doing the suzuki gsxr 1000 being the AF reading which he has been told is crucial to see if the fueling is correct is not shown on the print out .. can anyone shed any light on this as he is doubtful to take it without an AF reading .. i can see there are dozens of happy customers who have had there gsers done and i was just wanting to know if there are any happy S1000r owners who have had any mapping done and what results they got

Hi,

I had my previous XR remapped at hilltop a couple of years ago (having had a couple of GSs remapped before that). I took the XR because the early XR fuelling was a little lumpy at town speeds. Like the GSa, the remapping smoothed out the fuelling nicely and delivered a little uplift in power.

I don't have the printout anymore (it went when i sold the bike) but I seem to remember that it initially produced around 145/148Bhp at the rear wheel which increased to 160Bhp according to the printout.

I cannot confirm the data in the printout but i can confirm that afterwards the bike was a lot smoother, cornered in a higher gear and coughed and barked nicely on the overrun! I haven't had my current XR remapped as the fuelling seems a lot better on this later model and I'm trying to be less of a hooligan!

Hi,

I had my previous XR remapped at hilltop a couple of years ago (having had a couple of GSs remapped before that). I took the XR because the early XR fuelling was a little lumpy at town speeds. Like the GSa, the remapping smoothed out the fuelling nicely and delivered a little uplift in power.

I don't have the printout anymore (it went when i sold the bike) but I seem to remember that it initially produced around 145/148Bhp at the rear wheel which increased to 160Bhp according to the printout.

I cannot confirm the data in the printout but i can confirm that afterwards the bike was a lot smoother, cornered in a higher gear and coughed and barked nicely on the overrun! I haven't had my current XR remapped as the fuelling seems a lot better on this later model and I'm trying to be less of a hooligan!

Likewise

I too k my Xr and had similar figures on the Dyno and the bike was much smoother

The R would be or should be the same so its worthwhile IMO

Back
Top Bottom